The Electrical Engineer is responsible for coordinating sustaining activities for all POC in vitro diagnostics (IVD) instruments, consumables and accompanying eco-system products.
* Have to work closely with Manufacturing, Quality and Service to coordinate platform enhancements
* implement cost reduction projects
* drive corrective actions in response to field issues
* respond to new regulatory requirements and mitigate manufacturing supply risk and manufacturing quality issues for our blood gas and urinalysis product lines.
* Responsible for providing electrical support.
* Investigating hardware complaints
* researching and implementing alternative instrument components and designs
* identifying lower cost solutions
* developing project schedules, defining V&V plans and ensuring on time execution of plans.
* Provide mentoring to other engineers
* B.Eng or M.Eng degree in Electrical Engineering, with 10+ years experience in electronics development for instrumentation
* Good understanding of basic multidisciplinary engineering fundamentals and experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
* Medical device experience or experience in a regulated environment is a plus.
* Should have coding experience with FPGA [Verilog, HDL] (minimum 2 years)
* Hands-on experience with analog and digital design, board layout and qualification, programmable logic and control system development, especially for electromechanical devices.
* Ability to operate and communicate within a cross-functional team composed of technical and non-technical members across the globe
* Experience with OrCAD, Mentor Graphics PADS, Mentor Graphics Expedition, Microsoft Office or equivalent programs is necessary
* Experience with stepper motor controls, LabVIEW and Minitab is a plus
* Effective verbal and written communication skills are essential.