Senior Manager - Environment, Health & Safety – Siemens Real estate Division
Siemens has recognized environment protection, health management and occupational safety (EHS) as one of the most important elements in the organization’s sustainable growth and has closely linked it to Siemens’ cultural values. We continually strive to create a safe working environment by being responsive, caring and committed to the various needs governing the security and well-being of employees. Prevention of health hazards, accidents, and incidents of injury is key element of our company’s sustainable strategy and an integral part of our business processes.
We’re looking for a professional to join as as Senior Manager - Environment, Health & Safety – Siemens Real estate Division for driving environment, health & safety for Real Estate division. Siemens Real Estate (SRE) is responsible for all of Siemens’ real estate activities – managing the company’s real estate portfolio, optimizing the utilization of space, and overseeing the operation of its real estate holdings including all real-estate-related services, as well as having responsibility for leasing and disposing of real estate assets and implementing all construction projects Siemens-wide. We have 20 facories and 35 major office locations across india & Bangladesh, comprising of ~300,000 Sq mtrs area. The career opportunity is up for grabs for ensuring healthy and safe working environment to the employees working out of these locations. You will be responsible for implementation of safety management systems with in the division.
Change the future with us.
· Your primary responsibility as the Sr Manager EHS – SRE will be co-ordination and providing support in implementation of the corporate EHS policy and company guidelines. You will consolidate and scrutinize EHS MIS within the division, prepare monthly MIS for all locations and analyse leading and lagging indicators, and RCA for all the accidents and incidents, near miss.
· You’ll identify local EHS legal requirements, business risks & opportunities, thereby monitor all the business risk by conducting periodic office and factory EHS assessments, and conduct EHS assessment of new sites and office locations for occupency
· You will ensure compliance to all the EHS legal requirements, statutory approvals, licenses, filing of returns etc. This will involve taking stalk of the legal requirements as per factory act, pollution control, electrical inspectorate, fire officer etc. and tracking of all the fire NOC’s and its compliance.
· You will conduct EHS Audits and trainings across the division and support for disaster management system; EHS audits for project sites and prepare disaster management plan for offices and factories
· You will manage fire protection as per legal requirements & siemens fire protection guidelines, involving periodic tracking and support in compliance of all fire safety requirements
· You will do EHS risk assessments of offices and SRE project sites and do yearly EHS assessment of all offices and project sites, identifying the improvement areas an supporting in risk mitigation
· EHS Emergency management for office locations will be another important responbility you’ll manage. Here you will prepare Emerrgency response plan and periodic review, provide training to EET members and facility management teams, and prepare blue print for ERT training framework, identifying training needs, training agency, contents and implementation
· You’ll manage implementation of EHS guidelines and Corporate programme; RE THINK plastics, World Environment Day and National Safety day initiatives and driving across locations. Also, you’ll support factories & OpCo for IMS certification and identify the EHS improvement areas in RE responsible areas and implementation through location management
· You’ll provide EHS support for new site selection and collaborate with leasing and location management teams for identifying new location for office space, carrying out due diligence, identify gaps and support in closing all EHS observations
· In addition to the above you’ll manage monthly MIS and discussion with AMA, location managers on a regular basis.
What you need to make real what matters.
· You’ve a bachelors degree as BE – Mechanical or BE Electrical as your educational qualification.
· You’ve ADIS (advance diploma in industrial safety) and have been a Lead auditor for ISO 14001 and 45001.
· This being a senior role, you display good executive presence and good communication skills.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Kalwa, Mumbai, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Job ID: 177293
Organization: Siemens Real Estate
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time