If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2017, which ended on September 30, 2017, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.1billion and had around 28,400 employees worldwide.
As part of Siemens Mobility R&D division, we are developing new data-driven approaches to boost reliability, availability, and efficiency of railway systems. We provide our customers value-added data analytics solutions based on IoT devices, by means of predictive maintenance, optimized asset management, and comprehensive operation.
We are a young, dynamic and innovative team of Software Engineers and Data Scientists in an agile environment. We are looking for strong and motivated candidates that are eager to step up and join our international team in shaping the future of tomorrow’s transportation.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You will be responsible for designing and implementing event-driven data analytics and ETL microservices.
- You will work closely with Data Scientists, Software Architects and Frontend Developers to build REST and messaging API’s.
- Furthermore, you will write well-tested, well-documented, reusable and scalable code.
- In addition, you will be entrusted with selecting new technologies, tools and frameworks as well as establishing code standards and best practices.
- You will inspire the team with new ideas and visions and proactively promote innovative solutions.
- You have a successfully completed a university degree in Computer Science or another related discipline.
- In addition, you have profound and professional experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment.
- You are familiar with server-side programming languages e.g. Python or Node.js
- Furthermore, you are experienced with microservices, REST, SQL & NoSQL databases as well as messaging technologies
- Experience in cloud (AWS, CloudFoundry) and container (Docker) technologies are an advantage.
- You speak git as your second language and are familiar with CI/CD pipelines.
- In addition, you have excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- You are fluent in English; German language skills are a plus.
Job ID: 177372
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time