We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Working with our global customers and partners, we help to create intelligent solutions and perfect places in the full range of buildings where we live, work and relax.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Switzerland. Our Digital Buildings Data Science team is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Data Science Architect who is eager to play with buildings data from all over the world and to drive the implementation of functionalities that provide actionable insights to our customers. Your playground will consist of large data sets, latest software technologies and impactful global software offerings, and you will work with a passionate team of data scientists, engineers, architects and product managers to build tomorrow’s data-driven products. The position is located in Zug, Switzerland, where an engaged and multinational community will happily introduce you to our dynamic, global environment. Join us in creating environments that care!
Your new responsibilities
- Make decisions with the data scientists on algorithms to be chosen and developed, based on global solution requirements
- Work closely with the global Data Science Strategy Manager to implement the data strategy
- Counsel the distributed teams of data scientists and engineers
- Manage the data science infrastructure and processes
- Interface to architects and R&D teams, drive technical decisions with them (incl. architecture, design, technologies)
- Drive the software lifecycle development, measurement and testing of data science products
- Provide technical and professional guidance, mentorship and support to the data scientists and engineers in the global team
- Partner with the business counterparts to deliver results according to business priorities
- Track the implementation, drive the integration and monitor the usage of data science products
Your skills and experience
- MSc or PhD Degree in computer science/engineering/applied mathematics or related fields
- Minimum three years of work experience in a professional multi-discipline/multi-cultural environment context, preferably in a global setup with distributed virtual teams and environments
- At least two years of project lead experience within an industrial environment
- Seasoned machine learning and data mining enthusiast, proficient in algorithms development and able to work with large code bases. Having experience with time series data would be a plus
- Hands-on knowledge with fundamental computer science and software engineering
- Excellent Python skills. Optional: excellent R skills
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis, models and processes in a clear and actionable manner to senior leaders and non-experts
- Experienced team player, with both excellent collaboration skills and a self-driven, solution-oriented attitude
- Very good communication, writing and data visualization skills in English. German knowledge would be an asset
- Travel requirements: up to 10-15%
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform. Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your application.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Job ID: 177692
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either