- You will be responsible for global procurement and logistics for our newly-formed "Intelligent Traffic Systems" division, which develops smart solutions for mobility on roads and in cities.
- You will manage around 30 employees in Germany, the UK and the USA and direct the Project Procurement, Category Management, Supplier Quality and Strategic Logistics teams.
- You will define and implement the strategy for your area.
- Your focus will always be on "best in class" for material costs, which you will optimize on an ongoing basis, thus driving target cost achievement.
- You will also develop the pool of suppliers so that growth above average can be achieved. In addition you will identify suppliers in the market so that new technologies can be introduced.
- You will ensure that the suppliers' quality performance and logistics are optimal.
- You will respond quickly to changing market conditions and tailor your procurement and logistics activities to the extremely dynamic environment in a flexible manner.
- You have a university degree (masters/bachelors) in a business or engineering discipline.
- You can also offer many years of professional experience in procurement, product management, quality activities or research and development.
- You have a background in an industrial environment (e.g. road traffic engineering, automotive, aerospace or automation technology).
- You also have (line) management experience.
- You have already worked internationally, ideally including abroad, and understand the particular requirements of a matrix organization.
- The global nature of this role requires you to have an excellent knowledge of German and English.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
Job ID: 177769
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time