With new CoC of Electrical Vehicle charging setup in China, the Business Unit Siemens Low Voltage & Products has setup a dedicated global R&D team to develop EV charging portfolio, The Firmware Engineer will be responsible for the firmware design, coding and validation to meet EVSE product design and application target.
What are my responsibilities?
- To be responsible for the firmware design of EVSE products based on the clarification to customer requirement and use cases
- Follow product requirement, define engineering specification and validation plan.
- To be responsible for firmware concept design, detail design and validation. Complete design reviews to meet project schedule.
- To be responsible for firmware design change and support related departments to implement it to make sure the products are updated timely.
- To be responsible for firmware design to support hardware debug, validation, certification, ICT/FCT/EOL FT development and RCA.
- Support business team in technical clarification with customer during RFI and RFQ.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Bachelor or master degree major In electronic, computer or automation science or equivalent; More than 5 years of working experience at firmware design related work;
- Strong programming and debugging skills C/C++ language and strong ability to fix C/C++ programming bugs;
- Solid experience on system requirement analysis. Familiar with UML is an advantage;
- Solid experience for code source version management. e.g. ClearCase, SVN will be advantage;
- Solid experience on 8/16/32 bits micro controller and relative peripheral interface application development;
- Familiar with embedded Linux, RTOS, BSP and device drivers (e.g. USB, UART, GPIO, I2C, or memory).
- Familiar with different communication technology (e.g. CAN, PLC, Ethernet, BLE, WiFi, Zigbee, GPRS…);
- Familiar with TCP/IP or other data protocols is an advantage (e.g. OCPP, SEP 2.0);
- Prior working experience on terminal power distribution product (e.g. RCD, Over voltage protection) development is an advantage;
- Experience on Labview is an advantage;
- Experience on FPGA is an advantage;
- Experience on Signal Processing and Matlab is an advantage;
- Experience in automotive industry is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, good verbal and written English, CET4 above. Be adaptive to conference call during night time with global teams;
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently on extended assignments. Excellent team player. Quick learner and keen problem solver;
Job ID: 177833
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time