Legal Counsel -Labour and Employment
UK – Frimley | US – Plano, Texas | US - Wilsonville, Oregon
As Siemens Industry Software continues to experience growth in its business and the number of employees globally, we want to ensure we offer a continuous level of support with the growing complexity of employment laws. The Labour and Employment team is seeking to hire Legal Counsel (Labour & Employment Law). This role will work with global partners to provide legal expertise and practical advice on all aspects of employment laws.
This is an ongoing part-time position for approximately 30 hours per week. Located in Frimley in the United Kingdom OR Wilsonville, Oregon or Plano, Texas. Other locations in Europe or the United States where the company has significant operations may be considered
- Provide legal support for all Labour/Employment needs of a global company.
- Prepare legal documents, including separation agreements, policies, incentive plans, legal memos, employment agreements, and responses to attorney letters and administrative charges.
- Provide counsel to human resources and executive management on Labour/Employment matters, including employee relations, recruiting and hiring, harassment and discrimination, policies, leaves of absence, disability accommodations, government audits, reductions in force, wage and hour matters, and non-competition agreements.
- Proactively monitor and advise business clients on labour and employment laws across multiple countries.
- Some oversight of litigation and outside counsel.
- A mid-level attorney with strong experience practicing labour and employment law. Degree from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law as an in-house attorney in the location hired.
- International experience required, preferably in Europe; Prior in-house experience preferred.
- Will report to Head of Labour and Employment Law group for Siemens PLM Software. • Position requires strong counselling and advice skills, broad knowledge of International Employment laws, ability to prepare and present training, knowledge of online research tools, and the ability to address legal issues proactively
- Candidate must be able to work independently in a team-oriented culture
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with managers and department leaders
Job ID: 177916
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Part-time