We bring together energy supply – from intelligent control across the grid, solutions from medium voltage substations and the point of consumption – with building technology – from climate control, to fire and security to distributed energy systems. Where they meet, at the point of connection, there are exciting growth markets where we ensure that energy is used effectively – in energy storage and prosumption, to electric vehicle infrastructure and microgrids.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated Project Manager to join our New Zealand Smart Infrastructure team for a 12-month period. Reporting to the New Zealand Branch Manager and based on site in Christchurch, the primary function of your role is to manage & deliver quality solutions that meet our contractual obligations on time, to budget and with high customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible for:
- Complete ownership and responsibility of project delivery and financial outcomes
- Supervision of the project team and subcontractors
- Disciplined execution of Planning, Reporting, Controlling and Management tools. Ensuring all information is captured, accurate and up to date (Project Management Tools, Resource Planning, Project Plans, Communication Plans).
- Timely capture of non-conformance costs, including transparent root cause analysis, to identify appropriate corrective actions and continuous improvement measures.
- Managing third party contractors & suppliers by defining detailed scope of works and also working closely with Strategic Procurement.
- Manage project risks and opportunities, maximising project outcomes
- Conduct, share and document of lessons learned
- Assess and understand customer requirements, needs and goals. With support from the immediate project team, define & implement effective stakeholder management actions to drive positive outcomes.
- Positively communicate information regularly & timely to manage expectations both internally and externally.
- Effective support & collaboration with sales (bid preparation phase, project handover and project completion)
- Timely completion of administrative duties such as time sheets & expense claims.
The successful candidate will have the relevant qualifications with demonstrated knowledge and experience in HVAC, BMS and Electronic Security systems. You will have experience and a history of delivering projects up to $3M. You will have experience working in a project environment with particular emphasis on project management. You will have a strong customer focus, and your ability to build sound working relationships internally and externally will ensure your success in this role. You will also possess full work rights in New Zealand.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.
Job ID: 177934
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens (N.Z.) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time