AI impacts our lives in all areas. Algorithms such as “Alpha-Zero” show the power of how autonomous and rapid systems can both learn and adapt. The automation of today’s industrial processes is driven by robotic systems, that are programmed to perform repetitive tasks. Yet one major hurdle we face in the adoption of robotics, including the perception, is the engineering - an area which requires a lot of knowledge and experience. With your help, this is what we seek to overcome.
If you want to make a difference, make it with us.
- Develop and apply state of the art AutoML, RL or other methods to auto engineer and configure software for state estimation and perception for robotic systems
- Benefit from a network of experts from a wide range of Siemens domain (AI, robotics or applications) to discuss your ideas and drive your research
- Apply the results to real robotic applications. Example: A flexible bin picking systems that adapts to various sensors and objects such as textured/un-textured, reflective, symmetric, etc.
- Publish and present your results in renowned international conferences (e.g. NeurIPS, AAAI, ICCV) and among Siemens businesses
- Completed or started your PhD in machine learning, computer science, mathematics or engineering
- Research is your passion with a proven scientific record and experience in automated machine learning, AutoML tooling, classical AI planning and scheduling or related technologies for auto engineering
- As ambitious software developer you bring expertise in Python and C++ (optional) to the table
- The perception and image processing problem domains are familiar to you
- You are a creative team player who speaks proficient English
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Job ID: 177958
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time