Location: Munich, Germany
Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH / Mentor Graphics
Department: R&D / Software Engineering
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Siemens, through the integration of Mentor, is a world leader in software solutions for electrical / electronics (E/E) systems development. We provide software tools, consulting services and support for electrical systems, networks, wiring harnesses and AUTOSAR embedded software, covering initial platform architecture definition through to in-service maintenance. Siemens’ client base includes OEM‘s, Tier 1 suppliers, wire harness manufacturers, both small and large, and specialist vehicle manufacturers. The Capital software suite enables the design, analysis, manufacture, and service of electrical connectivity and communication systems for Automotive, Aerospace and complex Machinery. With best-in-class integrations with all major MCAD and PLM tools, e.g. Siemens NX and Teamcenter, Capital supports true cross-functional product development, whilst eliminating many hours of traditional manual processes and prototyping to deliver working products to market faster."
Join our team as a “Product Manager / Solution Architect – Premium Engineering Software (m/f/d)” in Munich, Germany.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
The key objectives of the role are:
- Product Management of Mentor’s LDorado Design & Client tool suite, interacting directly with the development team, customers and the sales organization
- Positioning of our overall E/E solution, especially our wire harness design products, and to work with the team to develop business, growth and future strategy
Product Management Responsibilities
- Understanding and documenting customer needs in the wire harness industry
- Creating & influencing the requirements and specifications of new features
- Managing the creation and maintenance of new product part numbers
- Performing release "captain" tasks when required
- Developing and testing whole-product collateral
Solution Architect Responsibilities
- Understanding & evangelising the value of IES solutions to the customer
- Creating white papers, presentations and demonstrations
- Attending and occasionally presenting at industry conferences & customer events
- Supporting strategic sales engagements to win business
- Participating in account planning and business planning activities
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
Mentor, A Siemens business, seeks an extraordinary, self-driven individual, with the capability and desire to make a significant contribution to the advancement and automation of the wire harness design, engineering and manufacturing value chain. Knowledge of the automotive electrical industry and / or the software industry would be an advantage. Experience with the Mentor Graphics’ Capital and/or LDorado tool suite would be an advantage but is not essential as training would be provided.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and German languages
- Highly credible with customers and a distinct team spirit
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or science discipline, or similar
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally at reasonable frequency
- Advanced skills in using software tools in a technical or industrial environment
What more do I need to know?
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from re-peatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens PLM Video
Job ID: 178086
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time