What is the job?
- : debugged a tricky 3D geometry issue in the morning. Provided customer with Boolean workflow advice in the afternoon.
- : spent the day designing upgrades to customer contact database.
- : tweaked process for regression analysis, and then gave our product presentation to the new evaluation customer via Skype.
- : updated the training course with info on the newly enhanced options to support manufacturing. Must remember to record that video
- : annual meeting with my main customer. They’re happy with what we’ve done this year, and they have some great ideas for the future.
Does this sound like you? We are recruiting for a Technical Support Analyst to join our Customer Support Team based in Cambridge supporting our PLM business within Siemens Digital Industries Software.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a customer-focused individual to work in a friendly team responsible for supporting our customers, both internal and external. You will provide pre- and post-sales support, documentation and in-depth implementation advice for our suite of software component toolkits: Parasolid, Bodyshop and Translators.
This is a varied role where full technical training will be given to the successful candidate. We are looking for someone who has excellent communications skills – spoken and written, excellent attention to detail and a degree in a discipline with a high mathematical content (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics). It would be advantageous but not essential for candidates to have C++ / C# experience.
While this role offers software engineering content and requires many of the same skills as a software development or testing role, it is not likely to be suitable for those wishing to pursue a career as a full-time software developer.
What are my Responsibilities?
You will be supporting software engineers who are using our products to develop CAD/CAM/CAE systems. The work is technically challenging and frequently requires thorough investigation, often in collaboration with our Mathematical Software Development team.
The successful candidate will have a key role in some or all of the major group activities, including:
- Pre- and post-sales technical support for
- Using group processes, workflows and tools to describe and reproduce customer-reported problems.
- Using product knowledge to identify the root cause of a problem.
- Creating software tests based on customer problem reports.
- Informing customers about progress on important issues.
- Prioritising issues based on an understanding of the productivity loss to the customer: flagging and tracking escalated issues as required.
- Championing the cause of the customer.
- Reviewing product and interface specifications to ensure new functionality meets the customer’s needs.
- Managing key technical relationships with customers.
- Representing the voice of the customer within Siemens.
- Organising technical review meetings.
- Providing customer and support collateral.
- Providing customer training and designing customer-specific implementation strategies.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Developing demonstration code and support tools.
- Ensuring group processes are clear, relevant, and efficient.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree in a discipline with a high mathematical content (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics) or equivalent vocational experience.
- Experience of working in a customer support environment or equivalent transferable customer service skills.
- Sufficient mathematical knowledge to comprehend and explain the mathematical concepts underlying our software.
- Excellent team-working skills, to support co-workers and achieve team goals.
- Ability to think in 3 dimensions and visualise solid modelling concepts.
- Adept in analytical and problem-solving techniques and keen to apply them
- Excellent communication skills – both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
In addition, experience of or an interest in any of the following is an advantage:
- Using CAD/CAM/CAE/AEC software, which typically uses a modelling kernel such as Parasolid
- Using engineering or technical drawing/drafting to comprehend and communicate product design, testing, manufacture and assembly
- Successful negotiating with software engineers and customers on customer issues.
- Using customer relationship management to build a rapport and maintain a healthy technical relationship
- Ability to present information in a compelling manner to others
- Developing code in C, C++, or C#, preferably in a Microsoft Visual Studio environment.
- Improving working practices (processes, methodologies and tools) to increase efficiency and improve job satisfaction
Who are Siemens Digital Industries Software?
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services. We've long understood the potential of PLM for business and pioneered many of the product development, management and collaboration technologies that launched the industry. Today, Siemens Digital Industries Software products manage or create more than 40 percent of the world's 3D data.
Our people enabled that success and fuel our continued growth. We are a team, collaborating with clients to transform their innovation processes and fully leverage PLM. Our team encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business and our clients can achieve full potential.
Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 13 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices. Today the company employs over 15,000 people in the UK, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector. Last year’s revenues were £5 billion. Electrification, automation and digitalization are the long-term growth fields of Siemens. To take full advantage of the market potential in these fields, our businesses are split into nine divisions and healthcare as a separately managed business.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
How do I apply?
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are proud that Siemens UK has been awarded in the Best Places to work Award by Glassdoor.
If you are appointed in to this role you will receive standard Siemens terms, conditions and benefits.
Job ID: 178300
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time