Join our Energy Performance Solutions (EPS) business unit as a Sales Professional! This is an outstanding opportunity to craft Siemens approach to this new business field through co-creating new technical solutions with customers and partners, working as part of the wider EPS Team developing new offerings and commercial structures.
In this role the Sales Professional will be responsible for leading, driving and closing sales to achieve targets. Identifying and developing new business opportunities to promote the Holistic Energy Management through the triptych (Reduce, Produce, Procure). The sales opportunities relate to energy, operational and maintenance efficiency (ESCO) projects as well as onsite generation, promoting business models such as the Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS).
Change the future with us.
Reporting to the Head of EPS UK, the scope of your role will include:
- Identify, develop and win new opportunities and successfully close existing ones in the UK ESCO/Energy Performance Contracting and EaaS market.
- Build appropriate customer development plans including the organisational structure, key partners, visible opportunities, approved budgets and strategic objectives. Positively manage all partners, positioning Siemens through a corresponding buying and influencing matrix.
- Sell and establish credibility at an executive level within the defined accounts and / or opportunities. Understand energy and sustainability market trends and regulations in conjunction with customer operations, challenges.
- Define and develop processes, solutions and insights to overcome customer challenges, positioning Siemens as the supplier of choice, increasing the overall win rate.
- Fully understand the portfolio and effectively use available sales tools and processes to articulate Siemens’ added customer value.
- Lead specific opportunities through a rigorous and focused use of the Siemens’ Customer Relationship Management tool maintaining customer records, logging opportunities and systematically following the Siemens Smart-Infrastructure sales processes
- Establish the customer supply chain and strengthen the winning position through the Siemens partner network, including global relationships
What you need to make real what matters.
- Consistent record of sales success over a sustainable period. Significant personal sales closing and business management experience in the energy services market. Close understanding of target markets and the associated business drivers.
- Demonstrable record of developing and maintaining customer relationships at all levels, including CxO level.
- Good understanding of the technical infrastructure of buildings, industrial manufacturing processes and technologies. Understanding Energy Performance Contracts and acquaintance with Energy as a Service business models.
- Knowledge and experience of ventilation, heating, cooling, lighting, heat recovery, gas engines and various onsite generation technologies. Broad knowledge of Building automation, preferably industrial automation technology.
- Self-starter, goal driven with a strong desire to succeed and a hunger for closing sales. Strong communication and leadership skills, able to motivate teams through a winning can-do attitude, articulating the strategies for success.
- Effective teammate with good interpersonal skills, recognising and respecting the value of all members to achieve results.
- Good analytical skills to effectively understand the customer’s world and target value adding activities to maximum effect.
About the EPS business unit
Siemens Energy Performance and Solutions is a new and agile business unit to spearhead the Siemens role in the evolving and dynamic market of local or decentralised solutions. We combine offerings from across the different Siemens businesses applying technical, commercial and financial innovation to form competitive offerings for our customers. We are combining a start-up approach and decision-making velocity with the capabilities and resources of a globally leading company.
What else do I need to know?
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 178319
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time