At Siemens digital factory in Chengdu (SEWC), our Component Engineering team is looking for a Component Engineer for Touch device & LCD used in our industrial touch panel (HMI).
The role would interface and collaborate with a wide range of internal partners (e.g. R&D, Procurement, Production, Supply Chain Management, Customer Service & Product Management) and a scale of suppliers, aiming to drive & facilitate value add activities through component lifecycle using his/her technical competence and industrial know-how.
- Review/clarify drawings, technical specifications and quality requirements with Designer.
- Explain drawings, technical specifications & quality requirements to supplier.
- Drive and facilitate supplier’s engineering, production & quality control activities, e.g. feasibility study, design for manufacturing (DFM), production process planning/setup, quality control planning/setup…etc.
- Define, implement and improve part qualification/inspection criteria and technics.
- Manage quality defect & complaints on the part detected from incoming inspection, production and customer.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of quality performance of the part; drive/facilitate production ramp up, quality improvement & cost reduction initiatives at both SEWC and supplier.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, majored in Electrical / Mechatronics / Mechanical engineering.
- ≥3 years experiences in a design or manufacturing environment of Touch/LCD industry.
- Familiar with typical Touch device & LCD technology, specification and their production/testing/inspection processes (e.g. sliver paste/drying process, assembly, function & reliability testing…etc.).
- Experience with P-CAP technology / Sensor / Controller is a plus.
- Initiative, self-organized fast learner in a dynamic environment.
- Fluent English.
Job ID: 178428
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industrial Automation Products Ltd., Chengdu
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time