Test and simulation solutions for tire NVH
We are looking for a researcher to join the Simcenter Engineering Services RTD team in Leuven, Belgium, for a duration of 24 months. You will carry out research studies as defined in different tasks of a project focused on noise vibration and harshness (NVH) characterization of tires, under supervision of the RTD manager.
Concretely, your work will aim at the exploration of techniques for identification of structural vibration behavior of rolling tires and the resultant transfer of noise to the vehicle. This will involve assessment of advanced measurement techniques and test set-up design with the goal of developing an effective workflow for experimental tire characterization. CAE simulation models will also be developed in parallel to generate hybrid test-CAE solutions.
The Simulation and Test Solutions (STS) segment of Siemens Software is responsible for the Simcenter portfolio. This portfolio includes a complete suite for test-based engineering, an integrated 3D simulation and analysis platform and a multi-disciplinary system performance simulation platform, complemented by Simcenter Engineering Services. Engineering Services supports customers throughout the product development cycle with its unique combination of engineering skills, development experience and process know-how, for key performance attributes of the vehicle, such as noise and vibration, ride and handling, durability, etc. The Simcenter Engineering Services RTD team develops methodologies and applications to answer future customer needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute project tasks and research studies in scope of a tire NVH research project
- Interact and cooperate with project team members within the organization
- Coaching of students within the scope of assignments agreed with the RTD manager
- Contribute to and write scientific papers based on the research results
- Present research results at scientific conferences and technical project meetings
- An MSc degree or higher in mechanical, automotive, or similar engineering field
- Strong analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Experience in test set-up design and measurements
- Experience data processing via high-level programming languages such as Matlab
- Some experience with finite element modelling
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Has demonstrated result-oriented approach towards finding solutions
- Capable of working autonomously while also contributing towards and collaborating within the team
Job ID: 178526
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time