Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Design Manager enables exploration and optimization of parameterized STAR-CCM+ simulations! It manages the execution of many design variants, coordinates the results and provides data analysis and visualization tools for users to understand their engineering
The MDX team addresses a wide array of problems associated with an interactive client-server-based application including, optimization study execution, process management, data analysis, scientific visualization, HPC, and cloud-based application deployment!
Most code is written in C++ and Java but may include Python and other scripting as well. The applicant will be encouraged to extend functionality as well as maintain quality and backward compatibility while making changes to an existing software base. This position reports to the program manager of the Design Manager Team in the Interoperability Division of the Platform Department for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ Product Development.
- Design, implement and test new code in C++, Java and Automated Test with production code. Contribution to peer-based code and design reviews.
- Work with product management and other partners to understand business needs and motivations.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately for teamwork across a large distributed development organization.
- Review, test and fix code written by other developers and also managing development including Jira, Confluence, Git and Stash.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics and 2 years dynamic, post-academic experience in software design and development.
- Experience developing a scientific or engineering software application. Experience with STAR-CCM+ or Engineering Simulation products would be an asset.
- Experience in object and component-oriented programming in the C++ and Java with a focus on engineering.
- Experience with distributed and parallel processing. Issue management using Jira or a comparable system.
- Both Experience with parametric CAD packages, such as NX, CATIA or Creo and experience with PLM Systems such as Teamcenter, Enovia or Windchill would be seen an advantage.
Job ID: 178769
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time