Commodity Manager – Warwick
We are recruiting for a Commodity Manager to join Siemens Aero derivative Gas Turbine business based in Warwick. As this Commodity Manager you will lead the effective development and delivery of supply chain strategies alongside ensuring all sourcing of materials and services required to upgrade our OEM equipment is purchased to meet our Customer needs worldwide. An important aspect of this role is seeking maximum value for the company through time and cost agreements while working with technologically advanced products
What are my Responsibilities?
· Develop and deliver robust integrated Commodity and Supplier strategies to ensure the long-term cost efficient supply of materials and services with specific focus on developing Standard Designs, Catalogue Pricing and EPC/partner relationships.
· Lead all sourcing and negotiations for medium / high value critical Purchasing activity to optimise cost opportunities and contract coverage.
· Report on plans, activities and results to Direct and Functional Managers. Coordinate where appropriate with Sourcing colleagues at local and global level to achieve synergies and best-practice.
· Develop and foster mutually beneficial relationships with new suppliers, including risk-sharing partnerships where applicable enabling access to supplier technology and expertise.
· Ensure a close cooperation with Internal Customers to ensure customer care and early involvement
· Foster usage of eProcurement tools with the vision to grow standard catalogue coverage for major equipment.
· Assess Supplier and Commodity risks and align the Strategic objectives to mitigate the business exposure.
What do I need to do this job?
• In depth knowledge and experience of procurement and contract negotiation, ideally in Oil and Gas industry.
• Demonstrated results in achieving increasing value and significant savings for stakeholder (internal customers).
• Self-motivated with a mindset of challenging the existing status quo while exhibiting the ability to collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders
• A driven leader with excellent communication and organisational skills while possessing the ability to influence and constructively challenge cross-functional project teams and business partners to achieve project goals
• Strong skill set in gaining market place intelligence and communicating the commercial impact of such information back to internal decision makers for timely resolve.
• Proven track record of managing vendor relationships and demonstrate value contribution through negotiated savings, competitive bidding and cycle times
• Strong presentation, leadership and project management skills.
• Experience analysing proposals/bid packages and conducting supplier analysis.
• CIPS qualified or working towards
Job ID: 178889
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time