Organization: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Department: Software Engineering
Type: Full time / permanent
If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
Siemens Digital Industry Software is seeking a Software Engineer - Advanced to contribute to our Simulation Framework team. The primary focus of this team is the development of high quality software that serves as an underlying framework for other parts of the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ simulation product such as mesh generation and physics. Specific technologies within this group include core data structures, high performance storage and I/O, and numerical methods. As a member of this team you will be expected to contribute both to maintenance of existing code and development of new features based on user requests and internal ideas. All code written should be well designed, high quality, and robust.
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
As a member of the team, your specific responsibilities will include:
- Support the maintenance of our existing capability (bug fixing, code cleanup, etc.)
- Developing new features based on user requests and internal ideas.
- Participating in regularly scheduled team conference calls by contributing ideas to drive innovation in our technology.
- Participating in periodic in person meetings to plan for future releases (approximately 1-2 trips per year).
- Supporting other developers through code review
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
Candidates applying for this position are required to have the following skills and experience:
- Expertise in object-oriented C++ software development
- Experience developing core data structures and other software frameworks underlying complex software applications using modern design patterns and principles
- Experience in high performance parallel computing
- Understanding of computational methods in mathematics and engineering, such as numerical integration, interpolation, and discretization
- Experience with multi-team, collaborative software development including source control and collaborative design and code reviews
- Master’s Degree or higher in a related field (computer science, applied mathematics, or engineering) or significant post-graduate industry experience
- At least 3 years of professional software development experience in a related field
In addition, the following skills and experience would be beneficial for the applying candidate:
- Experience using modern computer architectures, including remote/cloud computing
- Experience with high performance file systems, I/O, and database management
- Familiarity with computational simulation such as CFD and FEA
What more do I need to know?
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is a leading global provider of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) software. Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software allows companies to manage the entire lifecycle of a product efficiently and cost-effectively, from ideation, design and manufacture, through service and disposal. Computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), computer-aided engineering (CAE), product data management (PDM) and digital manufacturing converge through PLM.
PLM is unique from other enterprise software solutions because it drives top-line revenue from repeatable processes. By providing the application depth and breadth needed to digitally author, validate and manage the detailed product and process data, PLM supports continuous innovation.
At Siemens PLM we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please note that only complete application packages (including letter of motivation, CV and certificates) can be taken into account.
Your contact person is Marc Lerch, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
In addition, you will find helpful information about careers at Siemens and have the possibility to set up an individual search agent who will automatically inform you about interesting vacancies.
Siemens supports the Program “Job – Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. In cases of severe disability, applicants who are equally qualified will be given preferential consideration.
Siemens PLM Video