Back to the Future: Returners Programme
We know that returning to work after a career break can be a daunting prospect, which is why we are offering a Returnship Program which is here to help. Our Returners Program is a 6-month placement which has been specifically designed to bridge the gap between taking a career break of two years or more and re-entering the workplace. We want you to capitalise on your existing experience, refresh your skills and knowledge whilst equipping you with the confidence to return to work. It gives meaningful experience, with the wraparound of coaching, mentoring support and training.
We are looking for a Draftsperson who will join our Subsea company based in Ulverston. You will sit within the Operations - Application Engineering team to provide technical support to internal and external Stakeholders. This is a varied role, enabling you to work alongside a team of experienced engineers to produce CAD generated drawings and technical documents.
Join our friendly and helpful staff at our Siemens Ulverston office (LA12 9EE) where we can offer flexible, full-time or a part-time working options. Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work at Siemens; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
What support can I expect?
- Mentoring - A mentor and buddy will be assigned to support your introduction and ongoing personal development within Siemens
- Training - As part of the Engineering Team, support will be on hand with on the job training
- Additional training - Siemens offers a range of training courses and these will be considered and offered to you
- Induction - A comprehensive induction to the business will be given allowing you to get a deep understanding and appreciation for the various functional teams you may be engaged with
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Design solution which satisfy the customer requirements
- Develop and configure the solutions, components and systems and help review functionality and prepare design documentation
- Support our both internal and external Stakeholders with technical enquiries
- Work with the teams in; Production, Purchasing as well as the Test department
- Create CAD generated connector assembly and harness drawings as well as detailed drawings, fabrication drawings, schematics and parts lists
- Compile and update assembly procedures, tooling, installation procedures, maintenance procedures, FAT test procedures and technical data sheets.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- A background in engineering with knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD systems
- Ability to prioritise workload, multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- To display tenacity and determination to accomplish tasks irrespective of obstacles
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our Subsea Excellence Centre is based in Ulverston, Cumbria and we are recognised as a world leader in providing Subsea connectors for global oil and gas projects for over 30 years. This business will play a crucial part in the development of technology that Siemens is currently developing for use in water depths of up to 4,000 metres.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. VERCIDAwelcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 178931
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either