Back to the Future: Returners Programme
We know that returning to work after a career break can be a daunting prospect, which is why we are offering a Returnship Program which is here to help. Our Returners Program is a 6-month placement which has been specifically designed to bridge the gap between taking a career break of two years or more and re-entering the workplace. We want you to capitalise on your existing experience, refresh your skills and knowledge whilst equipping you with the confidence to return to work. It gives meaningful experience, with the wraparound of coaching, mentoring support and training.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer who has really great knowledge of using LabView. Your will join the Production Engineering department, where you will provide technical support to projects. This role covers electrical and software control system design, approval, qualification, set to work and production support including the generation and approval of associated documentation.
Join our friendly and helpful staff at our Siemens Ulverston office (LA12 9EE) where we can offer flexible, full-time or a part-time working options. Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work at Siemens; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
What support can I expect?
- Mentoring - A mentor and buddy will be assigned to support your introduction and ongoing personal development within Siemens
- Training - As part of the Engineering Team, support will be on hand with on the job training
- Additional training - Siemens offers a range of training courses and these will be considered and offered to you
- Induction - A comprehensive induction to the business will be given allowing you to get a deep understanding and appreciation for the various functional teams you may be engaged with
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Carry out technical tasks in accordance with the departmental processes
- Create control systems to meet the project specification and produce qualification / validation plans and documentation to support the solutions
- Check and approve critical system control specifications, code generated by other team members and project documentation
- To identify, investigate and develop new technologies and processes for product enhancement and cost reduction
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing and production problems
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- You will have a background in electrical or Electro-Mechanical Design
- Demonstrable experience of using LabVIEW systems engineering software
- Confident to make technical decisions
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our Subsea Excellence Centre is based in Ulverston, Cumbria and we are recognised as a world leader in providing Subsea connectors for global oil and gas projects for over 30 years. This business will play a crucial part in the development of technology that Siemens is currently developing for use in water depths of up to 4,000 metres.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.VERCIDAwelcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 178933
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either