Back to the Future: Returners Programme
We know that returning to work after a career break can be a daunting prospect, which is why we are offering a Returnship Program which is here to help. Our Returners Program is a 6-month placement which has been specifically designed to bridge the gap between taking a career break of two years or more and re-entering the workplace. We want you to capitalise on your existing experience, refresh your skills and knowledge whilst equipping you with the confidence to return to work. It gives meaningful experience, with the wraparound of coaching, mentoring support and training.
We are looking for a Project Manager or Project Assistant who will join our Subsea company based in Ulverston. You will work within the Engineering team, joining a small team of Project Managers who are responsible for ensuring our engineering projects are delivered within set project milestones.
Join our friendly and helpful staff at our Siemens Ulverston office (LA12 9EE) where we can offer flexible, full-time or a part-time working options. Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work at Siemens; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
What support can I expect?
- Mentoring - A mentor and buddy will be assigned to support your introduction and ongoing personal development within Siemens
- Training - As part of the Engineering Team, support will be on hand with on the job training
- Additional training - Siemens offers a range of training courses and these will be considered and offered to you
- Induction - A comprehensive induction to the business will be given allowing you to get a deep understanding and appreciation for the various functional teams you may be engaged with
This is your role. What part will you play?
Depending on your level of experience and the type of role you are looking for, we can be flexible and are able to offer a Project Manager or Project Assistant opportunity.
If you would like to join as a Project Manager, you would be responsible for project direction, support and coordinating multiple engineering projects at any one time. You will have commercial and technical responsibility which in turn will mean that you will need to ensure that your projects are being delivered on time and within specification and budget. In this role, there is a large emphasis on managing your stakeholders and you will work closely with your customers, to make sure their requirements are met and then to collaborate with our internal network of technical experts, to ensure the customer specific components are met.
The role of Project Administrator is hugely varied where no two days are the same. You could be managing schedules and arranging assignments one day, then be updating progress reports and preparing documentation to internal teams and external stakeholders the next. This role is supporting the Project Managers in the department to help ensure that the projects that they are responsible for are delivered.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
For both roles we are looking for great stakeholder management skills including the ability to communicate with others at all levels and the ability to work as part of a close-knit team.
For the Project Management role;
- You will have experience of managing engineering projects previously and has strong knowledge of project management methodology, processes tools and procedures
- Experience of understanding customer operations and requirements as well as managing expectations
- You will have had exposure to commercial and contract management and be able to design and deliver presentations to a variety of internal and external customers.
- You have previous experience having worked as a Project Administrator, Project Coordinator or similar role
- Hands-on experience with flowcharts, technical documentation and schedules
- Knowledge of project management software (e.g. Microsoft Project)
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our Subsea Excellence Centre is based in Ulverston, Cumbria and we are recognised as a world leader in providing Subsea connectors for global oil and gas projects for over 30 years. This business will play a crucial part in the development of technology that Siemens is currently developing for use in water depths of up to 3,000 metres.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. VERCIDAwelcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 178935
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either