Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Every day at Siemens, thousands of processes take place in which utterly different materials, raw materials, or products are ordered, processed, stored, and delivered. Supply chain managers keep an eye on every movement from A to B. They check costs and deadlines, and scrutinize quality and quantities. Your know-how makes us more agile where we need to transfer goods into the digital age. When you join our team, you will benefit from many exciting challenges and exceptional development opportunities, also on an international level. Welcome to Logistics 4.0.
We make real what matters. This is your role
- You'll be responsible for Procurement of commodities which include Steel Fabrication, Sheet Metal, Laser cut components, Machined components, Bought out components, Rubber components etc.
- You'll use Siemens tool to send RFQ’s, get offers with cost break ups (wherever applicable), evaluate offers and negotiate them to get best possible prices.
- You'll make frame agreements and rate contracts with suppliers, perform market scan for potential sources, supplier evaluation & approval through cross functional team and on-boarding.
- You'll work on localization of parts (qualification and pilot lot validation) using valid processes and guidelines along with & through cross functional team.
- You'll develop long term strategies for the commodities & related suppliers and will work for development of product & new supplier.
- You will work on various cost reduction initiatives & align your strategies with BU SCM & Management.
- You'll work on cost reduction using various techniques like negotiations, e—auction, alternate source development, design-to-cost, pooling of demand etc.
- You’ll act as a support for Supplier Capacity Mapping, Supplier Risk Assessments, Audits & Quality Improvements.
- You will monitor Vendor Management - To re-evaluate existing vendors & develop alternate sources.
- You will coordinate with commodity Managers for commodity strategies.
- You will e-auction using Siemens tool for commodities handled by you.
- You will be maintain MIS for cost reduction measures.
What you need to make real what matters
- You are a Mechanical or Production Engineer (B.E. / B.Tech)
- You've 6 to 10 years’ relevant experience in Supply Chain Management domain in Manufacturing.
- You have basic knowledge of commercial concepts of business and good working knowledge of MS Office and SAP (MM module) .
- You’ve phenomenal interpersonal skills and presentation skills.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens?
This role is based in Aurangabad, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 179019
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time