Siemens is looking for a Software and Process Engineer to be hired with permanent contract in our R&D department in the Gas and Power Division located in Milano. He /She will be responsible for performing R&D activities as write embedded C code, write auxiliary PC side software, checking and designing electric circuit diagram, supporting colleagues for operation activities, writing product documentation, testing new sensors technology
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What will you manage in the short term?
- Understand Electric Sub Station Environments in order to translate customer requirements into specifications that will be used by external or internal software developer
- Write embedded C firmware for our Assetguard and Assetguard IoT substation hardened devices.
- Understand Assetguard products and perform configuration activities ( electronics & acquisition Chain from Assets) .
- Support and coordinate supplier checking electronic parameters of embedded system products.
- Research and test new sensors technologies & design the integration with our HW & Cloud Platforms
- Transfer knowledge of the systems to the operation team.
- Gain knowledge about electric apparatus like high voltage power transformers, medium and high voltage circuit breakers by self-organizing meetings with senior colleagues, searching and reading documentation about the matter.
- Study, test and develop algorithms / data analytics application patterns
And what about the medium-long term?
· You will have the possibility of becoming the main interface for the supply chain and to be the coordinator of the R&D team
Who are we looking for?
A candidate with the following features:
- You are experienced in similar roles
- You have a technical background in :Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering or Math with proven electronics skills.
- You have great interest and experience (also non-working) for embedded systems using C/C++ programming language; examples includes Raspberry, Arduino and IoT sensors.
- You have knowledge about how to use laboratory instruments such as digital multimeter and digital storage oscilloscope
- You are a quick learner and adaptable to new environments with multidisciplinary team; strong team working abilities are essentials.
- You are available for business trips both in Italy and abroad.
- You are fluent in Italian and in English (written and spoken). A third language will be a plus.
- You have effective computer skills in Microsoft Office software and LTspice (or other spice based) electric simulation software.
What can we further offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smart working;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
- Meal totally paid by the company;
- Personal Computer and Smartphone
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
strongly in both taking responsibility and being transparent with your data.
For the new GDPR we manage only online applications and we don’t accept CVs by
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
information or questions you can contact:
Via Vipiteno, 4 Milan
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Job ID: 179041
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time