Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Understand the product structure, design requirements and design principles.
• Heat Transfer and Cooling Design of Gas turbine parts (rotating or stationary or system).
• Point of contact for Hot gas path Heat Transfer related topics.
• Create cooling designs (new product or service upgrade or other), solve design-related problems.
• Work with project lead to understand the requirements, provide engineering data, timelines and deliver related design activities within agreed timeline.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Mechanical engineer graduate/post graduate with more than 12 years of experience in design and product development of turbo machinery i.e. Gas turbine, Steam turbine components.
• Experience in utilizing heat transfer and cooling design engineering skills to analyze technical requirements and applying appropriate skill set to design hot gas path turbine components.
• Experience using Pro / E, NX (Uni-graphics) or other similar solid modeling CAD software for visualization of cooling channel/scheme lay out of components or engine assembly.
• Ability to analyze thermal boundary conditions and perform Heat Transfer engineering calculations.
• Experience using impingement correlations and design of back flow margin of components or systems.
• Heat Transfer-design fundamentals & problem solving skills (Gas Turbine Component, System level)
• Provide technical support to other functional areas as required.
• Finite element analysis & ability to review the results. Good Familiarity with FE tools like ANSYS.
• Exposure to SAP and Teamcenter.
• Strong inter personal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, imaginative, innovative, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Job ID: 179265
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time