Junior Network Consultant
Siemens Power Technologies International (PTI) provides consulting services and software products for the analysis and planning of public and industrial electrical power supply networks. A comprehensive training offering, covering the complete Siemens transmission & distribution portfolio, complements the scope of PTI. PTI serves both internal and external customers and supports the worldwide Siemens business in the areas of power transmission and distribution.
The PTI Network Consulting business segment executes studies on the analysis, planning and operation of electrical power networks for public, commercial or industrial supply.
About the role
Focus of this function is the support of the execution of studies, or parts of studies, on the analysis, planning and operation of electrical power networks for public, commercial or industrial supply.
The goal of this function is the completion of the assigned studies, or parts of studies, in quality, in time and in budget, as well as the achievement of the personal utilization targets.
Responsibilities comprise the following tasks:
- Execution of studies, or parts of studies, on the analysis, planning and operation of electrical power networks for public, commercial or industrial supply
- Self-dependent development of personal expert knowledge and personal project experience in minimum one portfolio element
Competencies & Experiences
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or Power Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience in Practical experience in the area of analysis, planning and operation of electrical power networks preferable
- Related work experience in Power sector, Oil & Gas or Manufacturing
Knowledge & Skills
- Solid and detailed knowledge in selected topics in the area of electrical power networks, such as steady-state / dynamic / transient calculations, network structure development, neutral grounding, safety earthing, modeling and control of equipment (e.g. machines, HVDC/FACTS devices, renewable generation), network protection and control, smart grid, economic assessment, network operation, disturbance investigation, measurements in electrical power systems
- Experience in using programs for the analysis and calculation of electrical power networks, such as PSS SINCAL, PSS NETOMAC, PSS E or comparable tools
Experience in project work and project management
Fluent in English. Second language, preferably German
Proficient use of MS Windows and MS Office
Capability and motivation for teamwork
Quality and results focus
Intercultural sensitivity and willingness to travel
Job ID: 179278
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time