Siemens is looking for a Management Station Support Engineer, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan. He/she will be part of a team that provides product support for Smart Infrastructure Building Products management systems worldwide.
The support engineer will be part of the HQ Danger Management System (DMS) support team. He\she will investigate and resolve issues regarding Desigo CC systems reported by the Siemens Regional Organizations worldwide. The reported issues may arise from incorrect engineering, environment (network, etc.) or software defects. He/she will need to examine site configurations, log files, memory dumps, and in some cases connect remotely to the site. To meet these needs, an excellent knowledge of Windows based environments is fundamental. Interaction with the customer, in English, is normally by email or phone so the candidate must have fluent language skills for both.
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide. Working with us, you get the perfect conditions to develop both personally and professionally.
What are my responsibilities?
• Manage support requests for the full line of Smart Infrastructure Building Products Danger Management products;
• Manage support requests from the Italian market regarding our Fire Detection product range;
• Escalation of product defects to the respective R&D organization;
• Execution of “Acceptance Tests” for new versions of the DMS products;
• Coordination of field tests for new versions of the DMS products;
• Provide pre-sales support (application, tender verification, etc.);
• Share ownership of the team goals (KPIs) and contribute to their achievement;
• Provide (occasional) on-site support as necessary (both domestic & foreign).
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• 2-3 years of experience in a management system support organization;
• Extensive knowledge of most recent versions of Microsoft Operating Systems (both workstations and servers editions), SQL and networks;
• Practical application knowledge of the components of a DMS system (Fire, Security, CCTV, Access Control, etc.);
• Experience on cloud and virtual environment applications and infrastructures is a plus
• Fluent technical language skills in Italian and English;
• Electrical/Electronic/Informatics Diploma/Degree;
• Result orientation, Customer orientation and Communication skills;
• Availability to travel.
What can we further offer?
• A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
• Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
• An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
• Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family;
• Shareholding plans for the employee;
• Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
• Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
• Meal totally paid by the company;
• Personal Computer and Smartphone.
What else do you have to know?
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities.
We believe strongly in both taking
responsibility and being transparent with your data. For the new GDPR we manage
only online applications and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV). Only applications sent via the system and in English will be considered.
Are you ready to create a real impact?
Come on board and tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow together with us!
The world is constantly changing and we’re always thinking about what’s next. You can help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow. Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
For further information or questions
you can contact:
Via Vipiteno, 4 Milan
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Job ID: 179324
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time