Customers around the world trust in our products. Our service technicians and engineers significantly contribute to that. You are the first on the scene to solve any technical problem. You are a trusted adviser, team player, and make things possible. “Unsolvable” is a foreign term, and you go the distance. Your focus on the customers’ needs makes you an invaluable partner. When you join our team, the possibilities are endless.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
What will you do?
- Performs preventive maintenance and diagnostics on systems and components according to the service level agreement
- Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation
- Diagnoses trouble or defects, determines corrective action and repairs system ; discusses and documents problem with customer and or office and advises of the best course of action
- Completes upgrades adjustments and instrument calibration on systems and components following issued instructions
- Responds to customer emergency service calls on-site or remotely checks indicated points of trouble.
- Analyses the requirements of systems involved, checks and test systems components
- Works with other employees companies or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing to resolve problems
- Through detailed service reports, documents the work executed, issues resolved etc.
- Work as a trusted advisor for the customer
- Advises Account Engineer on equipment required and time estimation for replacement parts following service visits
- Work with the sales representative and service account engineer to identify additional opportunities, including time and material, system extensions, upgrades and service contract expansions
- Proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines
- Participates in service turnover on assigned jobs
What will you need to succeed?
- Requires college technical degree or equivalent combination of education and related practical experience in building mechanics, instrumentation and control or related area
- Minimum of 2 years of technical experience in the building automation
- Good communication skills - verbal
- French: Very good knowledge spoken and written
- English: Good knowledge spoken and written
- Good knowledge of Building Automation systems and relevant standards (Siemens systems a strong asset)
- Proven diagnostic skills - able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure
- Experience in delivering high quality customer service to a broad range of customers
- Understanding of the Building Code as it pertains to Automation
- Drivers license is essential
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 179354
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.