Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
- In your new position you will be responsible for checking the consistency and harmonizing the construction technologies proposed by construction partners with the railway system design
- Further you will conduct contract analyses including technical documentation and derivation of constructional requirements
- You will ensure the overall construction concept by assigning responsibilities regarding the delivery shares
- You coordinate and clarify interfaces between the construction companies involved and the adjacent technologies and processes
- You will examine the specifications drawn up by the construction partner and their cost evaluation and assess their conformity with the tender requirements
- You will adjust the constructional process planning to meet the project-specific requirements
- You will identify risks within or resulting from the project scope
What will you need to succeed?
- You have successfully completed a civil engineering degree and have a minimum of 8 to 10 years of professional experience in the field of railway infrastructure in planning and/or construction and the associated construction process planning
- You have technical assessment competence for planning and system design of structural and civil engineering works for railway infrastructure e.g. engineering structures and associated railway installations
- In addition to experience in dealing with safety and accident prevention regulations, ideally you have also gained project experience in the context of international customer or development projects
- You have knowledge and experience in the areas of offer and interface management as well as tender and contract analysis while further knowledge in the area of track construction/system knowledge railway is desirable
- You are fluent in English. Good knowledge of German, French or Spanish are an asset
- Due to the international nature of the projects you bring mobility and the willingness to travel
- With your independent and structured way of working you set priorities in customer and quality orientation
- Finally you will be qualified thanks to your pronounced communicative skills, your high social competence as well as your consulting skills and assertiveness
- Oakville (Toronto)
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 179364
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.