From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics postal automation and intelligent transport technologies.
Opportunity has arisen for a join the Siemens Mobility in . The main mission for this position is implementing superior finance policies, guidelines, procedures for effective Business Administration, for a functional organisation. Governs the financial operations and supports accountable unit Head collaboratively.
- Contributes to definition, and ensures implementation of superior financial strategy, policies and guidelines.
- Profit and Loss responsibility of the accountable business area / region
- Supports accountable business area manager or regional GM, provides advice and proposes measures regarding to Commercial / Finance / Business Administration, and jointly manage the overall business operation
- Plan financial performance and resource allocation including business targets, budget and rolling forecast
- Commercial project manager for own projects as well as project portfolio in the responsible business area
- Develops and implements financial and business administration and commercial project management policies, standards and procedures, for the assigned organisation unit.
- Drives project portfolio together with the business area manager or regional GM to achieve effective project portfolio management and operation excellence in project execution and controlling. Jointly conduct business review, financial review and project reviews to manage the business and project financial performance and contract and claim management
- Manages the assigned CPM / Business Administration organisation and leads the project commercial team
- Ensures effective financial analysis, planning and controlling activities, and all related business administration activities. Provides explanation of financial reports to external auditors and internal stakeholders.
- Oversees and ensures completion of all accounting, financial statements and reporting, and other finance related operations.
- Supports the business area manager or regional GM in identifying and evaluating risks and opportunities, strategies and take the responsibility of all commercial risks and opportunities
- Ensures compliant and standardised contract and claim management, in all relevant business cases (supplier, customer, service providers)
- Implements process improvement initiatives from commercial, finance and business administration perspectives
- Collaborates in the preparation of complex bids or tenders for project business.
- Reviews and signs off contractual and legal terms and conditions of contracts, and the proposals in accordance with the signature authority guideline
Previous experience in:
- Professional experience > 8 years in Project Commercial Management
- Commercial Finance Degree and qualifications in Commercial Project Management
- Previous experience managing a team, this position will manage a team of 6 Commercial Project Managers
- Extended experience in financial controlling
- Extended experience in Project Execution
- Extended experience in Contract and claim management
Competences to have for this role:
- Advanced Financial Controlling
- Advanced Project Commercial Management
- Advanced Contract Negotiation and Claim Management
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments
Job ID: 179386
Company: Siemens Industry Software Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time