The Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock team are currently recruiting for Maintenance Technician for our Manchester Depot. This role will be required to undertake maintenance of the Depot Rolling Stock & Plant and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the depot. This is a permanent position working on shifts.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will have an electrical and/or mechanical background and experience of maintenance and fault diagnosis.
What are my Responsibilities?
- With minimal supervision undertake maintenance of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan.
- Carry out download diagnosis and fault finding to an advanced level
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation read and interpret electrical schematic and software logic diagrams
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills by acting as a mentor
- Undertake train driving and preparation duties as required
- Specialize in areas of technical expertise
- Assist with the provision of technical support at incidents off depot
- When necessary assist with cleaning of rolling stock.
- Actively identify continuous improvement opportunities within own activities that will benefit customers and the business
- Actively participate in sharing best practice with colleagues and other teams on own site and other sites
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Must have relevant experience in a mechanical/electrical engineering environment.
- Proven experience in fault finding
- Ability to use a laptop for diagnostic, fault finding and rectification purposes
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures.
- Understands and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Knowledge of TACT, Equinox and the ability to use a computer.
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications.
- Ability to produce detailed complex, analytical technical reports
Siemens, the leading global engineering and technology services company, has been active in the United Kingdom for over 170 years. We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges, across the key sectors of energy, industry, infrastructure & cities and healthcare. Siemens has a significant presence throughout the UK, with 12 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability as we will use this data to review your suitability for the role.
Due to the requirements to comply with legal responsibilities imposed on us by the Working Time Regulations, ROGS Regulations and other Railway Group Standards, we advise that successful candidates are based up to 1 hour from the depot.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 179457
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time