Making manufacturing smarter.
The manufacturing industry is facing a significant transformation process and we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working in close partnership with the senior management team; the Production Manager will provide strategic leadership, guidance and direction for all production and production related activities associated with the Coil Division. The Production Manager will be tasked to ensure reliable on-time delivery of high-quality products while meeting internal financial and operational goals and objectives. Critical to this role will be the Production Manager's ability to improve on existing manufacturing processes and support groups, in an organized facility, utilizing LEAN concepts and techniques.
What will you do?
- Provide accurate monthly forecasting for each product line
- Provide leadership and direction to staff and support groups; including goal setting, performance monitoring, training and mentoring and staff development.
- Ensure >98% on time delivery.
- Work in conjunction with Industrial Engineering to optimize equipment and processes
- Ensure efficient use of resources to maximize throughput levels, maintaining high efficiency and utilization levels while keeping rework levels to a minimum
- Ensure required training is provided for the Manufacturing Supervisors and their direct reports
- Drives and contributes to cost reduction initiatives
- Support and help sustain the Environmental Health and Safety Program and all related legal compliance requirements
- Ensure that company rules and regulations are being followed and supports company compliance guidelines and policies
- Schedule labor requirements including overtime to meet delivery requirements while ensuring Employment Standards Act compliance
- Work in conjunction with Human Resources for all recruiting within the Manufacturing team
- Responsible to ensure all employees within the Manufacturing group are familiar with and are following Manufacturing Procedures
- Assess performance of direct reports on an on-going basis and completes annual performance appraisals for each of them
- Ensure that Trench product is being fabricated to standards and job instructions
- Responsible for department budget; plant equipment (both minor expenditures and capital investments) and payroll
What will you need to succeed?
- University degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Manager in an Industrial / Commercial Manufacturing Environment with experienced in the implementation of LEAN concepts
- Proven managerial/supervisory skills providing value-added leadership to highly motivated teams
- Experience leading in a unionized environment would be an asset
- Strong strategic planning, negotiation and organizational skills including ability to execute strategy
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple disciplines simultaneously
- Must have effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor and identify training needs for team members
- Proficient PC skills to include excel, MS word and Power Point. SAP would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with the Ontario Health and Safety Act is required
- Previous experience in working in an ISO 9001/14001 environment would be an asset
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens Canada launched employee organizations - Women in Engineering (WIE) and Women Leadership Community (WLC). WIE has been established in collaboration with the Siemens Canada Engineering and Technology Academy and is responsible for affiliations with professional engineering associations. WLC meet once a month where keynote speakers share their career growth stories and provide career advice.
Job ID: 179479
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Trench Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.