Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation. Siemens founded its IoT Services Unit on April 1st 2019, to provide end-to-end support to customers on their unique digital journey along the IoT value chain.
Siemens leveraged the existing expertise of a global network of more than 7,000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices to create a global IoT practice that offers services from consulting to design & prototyping to solutions & implementation and operation.
With these new combined forces, we aim to create a tangible impact on society by bringing state-of-the-art IoT use cases to life.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
What will you do?
- Architect and design software applications to enable implementation of smart grid solutions covering but not limited to Distributed Energy Management Systems (DER), Meter Data Management systems and Internet of Things (IOT) in the energy space
- Provide reliable and quality design to a variety of problems and requirements using sound problem solving techniques
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate design options, offer suggestions and improve processes, and provide comments on software design aspects
- Development will be highly customer and market focused
- Design implementation testing and maintenance of UI codebase
- Collaborate with distributed global development team
- Provide leadership and mentor junior and intermediate members of the development team
- Degree in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- 8+ years of software development and architecture experience in developing with Java.
- 3+ years of experience leading software development projects, or acting as a solution architect (or an equivalent role)
- 5+ years of experience in RESTful API design and implementation, including: API documentation & API versioning Data formats (JSON, XML) and data serialization (Protobuf, Thrift)
- 3+ years of experience in monolith application decomposition and microservices architectures including: Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- 5+ years of experience in architecting full stack solutions, including expertise in at least two of the following domains: Business/Enterprise Architecture, Application Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Data/Information Architecture
- User experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design, including Responsive design and grid frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap)
- · Demonstrated experience working in any of the following industries, power utilities, oil and gas manufacturing, smart buildings, would be a strong advantage
- Agile delivery and testing – ATDD/BDD/TDD, Continuous Integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing
- Experience in Linux and scripting skills
- Design patterns, such as Bulk Heading, Circuit Breaking, Back Pressure / Throttling, Fail-Fast, Non-Blocking, Separation of Concerns
- Polyglot persistency, emphasis on NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, etc.) and persistency patterns such as Event Sourcing and CQRS
- Modern fast data streaming architectures and frameworks – such as Apache Spark/Streaming, Kafka/Streams, Flink, Beam
- You are data-oriented, sharp, passionate and forward thinking.
- Exceptional communicator, with an innate ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders and own decision making.
- You are driven and solution oriented, striving to make a difference in the business and create a better customer experience for our people.
- 30% travel within Canada required
- Must be able to travel to the US on occasion
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 179503
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.