Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they must understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation requires trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge promotes the sharing of expertise through discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and embrace our cutting-edge technology and innovation.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.· Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
We are the catalyst for the industrial world’s digital transformation. Siemens founded its IoT Services Unit on April 1st 2019, to provide end-to-end support to customers on their unique digital journey along the IoT value chain.
Siemens leveraged the existing expertise of a global network of more than 7,000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices to create a global IoT practice that offers services from consulting to design & prototyping to solutions & implementation and operation.
With these new combined forces, we aim to create a tangible impact on society by bringing state-of-the-art IoT use cases to life.
We need game changers like you, to bring the next level of smart manufacturing and infrastructure from mere concept to reality, develop tomorrow’s smart cities, and address the most critical digitalization challenges across a comprehensive range of industries.
What will you do?
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Interface with other developers, product owners and business analysts to understand data needs
- Develop and maintain data infrastructure to drive efficient and reliable processes
- Generate insights and recommendations that are aligned with business realities and Scholastic’s mission and vision
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Develop dashboards and improve reporting measures
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Degree in Business, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or other quantitative disciplines
- Minimum 5 years experience with applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Demonstrated experience working in any of the following industries, power utilities, oil and gas manufacturing, smart buildings, would be a strong advantage
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good scripting and programming skills. Python, Scala or Java is a plus
- You are data-oriented, sharp, passionate and forward thinking.
- Exceptional communicator, with an innate ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders and own decision making.
- You are driven and solution oriented, striving to make a difference in the business and create a better customer experience for our people.
- 30% travel within Canada required
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 179505
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.