For more than 100 years in Canada, Siemens has been offering engaging and sustainable employment opportunities to those shaping our future. It’s our tradition to promote lifelong learning, develop talent and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers 2018 (eight times total), one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 (six times total) and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2018 (two times total).
Approximately 4,300 employees across Canada work together to deliver solutions for sustainable energy, intelligent infrastructure, healthcare, and the future of manufacturing. We stand for engineering excellence, innovation, reliability and responsibility.
- Work in close collaboration with Siemens utilities customers to convert their business requirements into Siemens solution configuration parameters
- Install, configure, test and support Siemens software applications in both an on-premise and Siemens cloud environment
- Participate on teams comprised of Project Managers, Solution Architects and Customer Business resources
- Provide work estimates and regular status updates to be used in project planning & tracking
- Assist in designing workflows, new processes, data flows and integrations with existing systems and business practices
- Create and deliver end user training
- Create, execute and support customer acceptance test plans for Siemens Smart Grid Application solutions
- Provide technical assistance with the creation of operational processes
- Identify log track and assist in the resolution of software and process issues
- Provide the first and second tier of support for technical questions on software functionality from end-users, internal and external customers
- Implement and deliver projects with minimal supervision
- Execute operational systems maintenance tasks to ensure optimal continued systems performance
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field
- 2-5 years of customer facing software implementation experience and deployment of Enterprise Software Applications
- Experience with Linux, Apache and Oracle SQL are a must
- Amazon Web Services experience would be an asset
- Experience in the Electric, smart metering and Utility industry, an asset
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- Strong background in a customer-focused environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills in English
- Flexibility and willingness for domestic travel – 20-30%
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 179519
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.