Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
The business development lead for digital solutions (DIGI) in Canada is responsible for the growth and profitability of the DIGI business in Canada with a primary focus on Cyber. The selected individual will accountable for the management, oversight, identification, qualification and capture of all business development opportunities and will be responsible for the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the business area’s forecast and plan. In addition, this role will plan and recommend business development and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration consistent with business unit financial objectives and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
What will you do?
- Engage and motivate both the core and extended teams to focus on goals and objectives achievement of the business digital goals.
- Oversee capture strategies and support regional sales and bid teams team operationally and strategically to achieve order intake target.
- Engage in senior level engagement with customers and partners to support the development of winning campaign strategies that improve the quality and depth of our market and competitor intelligence to influence/enhance our win strategies
- Assist with selling and delivering services across all Siemens digitization offerings
- Own and guide the local Siemens DIGI/cyber strategy and connect that strategy across the entire value chain within Siemens.
- Participate in budget, business, and headcount planning as necessary
- Represent Siemens at industry events, trade shows, and conventions
- Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Management or related field
- Minimum 7 years of business experience in business development or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience working within the oil & gas or energy industries
- Executive level leadership, organizational, negotiation, communication and presentation skills required, including experience with customer and supplier contract negotiations
- Experience in all aspects of business development including account management, P&L understanding, capture and technical proposal development
- Knowledge of market analysis and demonstrated success of targeting new business including ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving awards/growth
- Demonstrated success in collaborating with internal and external decision makers, stakeholders, and other interested parties for presenting and selling opportunities, and gaining approvals for opportunities
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present technical/business information in non-technical/business person would understand
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Innovative, able to create business value for different stakeholders in the complex sale (OT/IT involvement and / or plant vs. HQ)
- Understanding of the capabilities and configuration of industrial DIGI/cyber security controls and solutions across multiple facets.
- Knowledge of Siemens specific business processes, including LOA processes, budget processes, PM@Siemens, and salesforce.com are a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 40%
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities.
Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job ID: 179522
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.