Flender, a Siemens Company, is a leading global supplier for mechanical drive systems and has the reputation for highest performance, innovation, quality, and reliability of mechanical components for more than 120 years. Flender offers a broad variety of gear units and couplings and associated services, with a focus on key industries such as wind power, cement, mining, oil & gas, power generation, water and wastewater, marine, conveyor and crane technology. Flender products and services combine the latest technology with extremely high quality and have been reliably providing the optimal transmission of power for decades.
About the role
Completes a number of processes and activities during the sales process with respect to an effective administration of sales quotations and sales orders for an assigned organizational unit or customer target group, concerning both sales and after-sales processes.
· Prepares, reviews and books customer orders / revisions to orders.
· Reviews customer orders and checks consistency and completeness in cooperation with all involved stakeholders on both customer side and Flender' sales or project management organization.
· Initiates sales orders / purchase orders to vendors according to customers' requirements.
· Ensures timely shipment / billing of equipment.
· Interfaces with factory and product / marketing groups to resolve configurations and technical changes.
· Evaluates and monitors profitability for sales orders in backlog.
· Ensures that the correct discount rates are applied at time of quotation.
· May resolve issues related to transaction quality.
· Guides the customer sales support process related to factory tours, product demonstrations or presentations, new product trainings, trade shows, field sales support and pricing.
· Contribute to deliver business processes or detailed technology solutions, in a self-managed and target orientated manner, and thus contributes to team results
· Targets are short to medium term and achievements are monitored
· Provide functional advice to and integrate services of operational staff or semi-professional colleagues
· Support Office, Projects and Internal Sales Colleagues
What do I need to qualify?
- National Diploma - Mechanical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years experience in the ‘Industrial Gearbox Industry’ Sales & Service environment.
Job ID: 179575
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Flender (Pty) Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time