Almost 8 billion people live on the earth today, and by the end of the century, this will have risen to 11 billion. As the world’s population grows, so too does its demand for energy. But the world we know is changing. Our energy system rapidly needs to become cleaner, cheaper and more efficient in order to eradicate poverty, stop climate change and provide a better world for future generations. This is what Siemens does. We’re one of the companies who’re driving this change with our values, knowledge and technology!
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is a company that’s focused on energy systems, buildings and industry. We combine our deep domain expertise in these areas with our world-leading digitalization know-how. In Smart Infrastructure a whole new world of solutions are growing – new markets, new technologies, new ideas – that help our customers to thrive, progress and sustainably develop. And we’re looking for someone like you to help us grow!
As a Level 7 Apprentice you have the chance to gain experience as a Techno-Economic Energy Modeller working within the Distributed Energy Solutions team. You will also be studying a Senior Leader Apprenticeship (level 7) with our partnered university. Primarily based in Manchester, you'll work in a virtual team and will be expected to travel as part of the role. Are you ready to make a difference?
- Be ambitious, with a great attitude and are a naturally curious person.
- You are a confident and driven individual.
- Your can work independently, safely and responsibly; and you’re looking to develop your ability to lead change.
- You always have an eye on tomorrow, with us, you’ll be laying the groundwork for exciting innovations influencing the future of energy.
- You enjoy working with highly skilled colleagues from around the world and collaborating with others to find innovative solutions.
- You will have achieved a BSC/BEng Honours Degree in Engineering, three A-levels (or equivalent) at grade B or above, which should include at least one in Maths, Science or Economics, along with at least a grade C or 4 in GCSE English Language and Maths.
- An introduction to energy markets and technologies.
- Customer experience development.
- Working within a team to develop complex energy solutions for customers in sectors such as campus, industry and utilities.
- You will receive training to be able to use all the software platforms including training at our Headquarters in Germany.
- Involved in sales and bidding as well as project delivery.
- You will be given exposure to commercial and financial transactions.
- Plus exposure to other Siemens technologies such as intelligent transport and building.
We’re looking for forward-thinking standout colleagues with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in our world. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
The benefits package for this role includes not only a salary of £28.000, but many other benefits. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 179612
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time