From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including ERTMS, CBTC, PTC, electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a to join our Siemens Mobility Customer Services team to work on Rail Systems Projects. Based in our Docklands offices in Melbourne, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within an area of the Siemens business that has immense market potential.
The CS Service Team - Solution Engineer supports Service business from an operational and strategic perspective deploying detailed know-how on service offerings, products and application domain. Contributes to the Tendering, Delivery and Ongoing Service of projects managed by the CS team at Siemens Mobility as well as supporting when required on Siemens Mobility Communications Engineering Projects contributing to Digitalisation Initiatives
- Working as part of a team of experienced deployment and support engineers, key responsibilities include supporting both running systems and deployment of upgrades and changes with minimal disruption to the operational environment.
- Maintaining a control system with associated voice and data communication network in a complex developing environment.
- Working as part of the engineering team on requirements analysis, development of solution concepts, preliminary designs and detailed designs for development, deployment and integration.
- Collaborating on systems design to ensure proposed solutions meet project and ongoing supportability requirements.
- Documenting designs for deployment to enable minimal interruption to running systems.
- Development of test plans to ensure deployed systems meet agreed requirements.
- Commissioning of components and systems to meet customer needs.
- Providing fault resolution and higher-level support for systems within the areas of responsibility.
- Collecting and analysing data to enable detailed root cause analysis of errors, faults and failures.
- Analysing operational use of both internal and customer systems to optimise designs and operational use of deployed systems to ensure business objectives are met.
- Transferring knowledge to internal and external customer by development of documentation to support operations and facilitate user training.
- Contributing to estimation, planning, and review of technical tasks in support of overall project acquisition, negotiation, planning and management.
- Collaborating with partners and sub-contractors in the delivery of solutions and services.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering complex technology based projects.
- At least 4 years in communication design and implementation for the delivery of Complex Systems projects preferably with part of that experience on Rail Systems Projects.
- Experience with Systems Engineering on a variety of Projects.
- Experience in dealing with customers and colleagues from other cultural environments (intercultural experience).
- Experience with Linux based servers and embedded systems.
- Experience with mobile and fixed network voice and data communications.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and deploying high availability communications networks, and server architectures
- Experience in trouble-shooting complex software and networked environments
- Excellent communication and collaboration skillsets
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.
Job ID: 179703
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time