The Mission :
Siemens Mobility Division is one of the global players within the Transportation Sector. Mobility offers products, systems, solutions and services for an economical, reliable and intelligent transportation sector. This includes Metro and Mainline Signaling Systems, Trackside equipment; Rail Electrification and Operational Control Centers.
For our Siemens Mobility setup in Egypt we are looking for a Civil Engineer, or senior technician to support our growing business. He /she shall work on all civil activities such like trenching, channeling, etc. In addition, position holder will be responsible for quality, budget and compliance with time schedule of the tasks listed in detail under "Areas of responsibility/Tasks".
What are my responsibilities ?
- Being able to read correctly the signaling layouts and cables plans
- Being able to follow the quality and safety levels on site
- Create the different cables (Signaling-Telecom-Fiber Optics-Power supply) List
- Compare the cables list with the one done by the sub-contractor
- Order and follow the receiving of the cables drums from the warehouse
- Review the cables drums schedule done by the sub-contractor to accommodate the drums without cables loses
- Supervise the cable laying activities on site and report the day by day progress to the manager
- Align with Trenching and installation teams for the site activities on a day by day basics
- Make sure that the planning dates are fulfilled
- Supervise the insulation test for the different cables
- Supervise the termination of the cables junctions and attach the correct electronic marker to its specific junction
- Sign the IPPs with the sub-contractor for the termination of the topic of cables laying
- Sign the Inspection Request with the project's consultant for the termination of the topic of cables laying
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Bachelor’s degree or technician seniority in related area is preferred (BA).
- At least 7 years experienced in civil area, preferably in multinational companies
- Working with Project Management Applications (MS Office especially Excel & PowerPoint , MS Project ® …etc)
- Excellent Command of English/Arabic
- Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language, excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
- Analytical thinking, excellent planning, communication and organizational skills are required
What else do I need to know ?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply ?We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 179766
Company: Siemens Technologies S.A.E.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time