The Mission :
Siemens Mobility Division is one of the global players within the Transportation Sector. Mobility offers products, systems, solutions and services for an economical, reliable and intelligent transportation sector. This includes Metro and Mainline Signalling Systems, Trackside equipment; Rail Electrification and Operational Control Centers.
For our setup in Egypt we are looking for a Signalling Installation Leader to support our growing business.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Being able to read correctly the signaling layouts and cables plans
- Being able to follow the quality and safety levels on site
- Create and verify the sub-contractor equipment list (cabinets-frames-boxes-signals-points machines ....etc)
- Deal with the warehouse and the sub-contractor for the delivery of the different indoor and outdoor equipment’s
- Supervise the assembling activities progress done by the sub-contractor for the outdoor equipment’s
- Supervise the indoor and outdoor installation activities progress done by the sub-contractor and report the day by day progress to the manager
- Align with cables laying teams for the site activities on a day by day basics
- Make sure that the planning dates are fulfilled
- Check that the technical rooms are in a reasonable condition to start the indoor installation
- Check that the outdoor track works are in a reasonable condition to start the outdoor installation (ballast resistance-Glued joints conditions ....etc)
- Supervise the termination of the indoor and outdoor cables are done in a proper way
- Sign the IPPs with the sub-contractor for the termination of the topic of cables laying
- Sign the Inspection Request with the project's consultant for the termination of the topic of cables laying
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities :
- Accept a personal responsibility to take reasonable care of team health and safety as well as anybody who may be affected by their acts and omissions.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that could have an environmental impact.
- Ensure compliance with the BMS procedures relative to their position.
- Follow emergency procedures.
- Wear approved protective clothing and use safety equipment when required by health and safety regulations.
- Use all equipment provided safely and notifying local management of any observed deficiencies or defects as soon as they become apparent.
- Inform management of any changes in materials, plant or processes and of any new materials, plant or processes which become apparent in the course of work that may impact on safety or the environment.
- Inform management of any potential improvements that could improve Siemens Mobility environmental performance.
- Immediately inform management of any observed hazards, injuries or dangerous occurrences, which become apparent during work.
- Stop work when instructed to do so and only resume or commence work when instructed it is safe to do so.
- Report all safety and environmental incidents and accidents.
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineer or Senior Technician from reputable University, college or other educational institutions.
- 5 years’ experience in site installation activities.
- Knowledge of project management methods.
- Knowledge of products to be used.
- Knowledge of relevant software tools.
- Knowledge of warehouse, storage of material, material delivery control and work preparation.
- Strong English communication skills
- Technical competence and negotiation skills.
- Intercultural/multinational experience.
- Teamwork skills and abilities.
What else do I need to know ?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
How do I apply ?We are looking forward to receiving your on-line application. Please note: only complete application documents, including diplomas, certificates of employment or letter of recommendation respectively can be considered in the selection process.
Job ID: 179769
Company: Siemens Technologies S.A.E.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time