Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Gas and Power Division as a Pre-Contract Civil Quantity Surveyor/Estimator and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
The role has options to be based in either our fantastic Monkton office.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
We are looking for someone who will produce the commercial and technical submissions for the civil engineering and building elements for the tenders, including but not limited to WI production, pricing, internal resource allocation, technical offer, planning and risk review.
- You will review the main enquiry documents and agree DoR with the capture team and assist in development of a Subcontracting Strategy at project level during tender stage including the identification and management of the associated risk
- Preparation of subcontractor enquiry documentation eg BofQ, Pricing drawings, Works Information, Form of Subcontract
- Assist in the development of the tender programme, specifically civil engineering design and construction, including interdependences.
- Review subcontractor submissions, update bofq and produce tender report and recommendations
- Extrapolate subcontractor costs into clients pricing schedules and produce the technical submission, ie technical write-up, internal delivery man-hour histogram and participate in the tender risk register
- Assessment of main contract and development of project specific T&Cs including assessment of backed off obligations and risk allowances for any retained by Siemens. Ensure that this strategy is consistent with the overall bid and pricing strategy
- Production of post contract subcontract packages and assist with the preparation of requisitions and purchase order amendments for the civils subcontracts
- Work with Civils team to help develop and implement the business' overall civils delivery strategy
- Leading the civils supply chain tender lists ensuring the KPIs, SCM assessments and lessons learnt are captured
- Further develop and maintain NEC A, B, C, PSC and Supply Subcontracts
- Ensure that any civils / subcontractor issues encountered at a project level are collected through relevant business systems and root cause analysis carried out with improvements made to T&Cs, Works Information etc. as required.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- We are looking for someone with a Degree or similar within HNC / HND; preferably Quantity Surveying or Construction / Engineering related. Attained or working towards professional accreditation to the RICS would be an advantage
- Experience working within a site/Construction environment with exposure in the Electricity T&D Industry
- Measurement, tendering processes & estimating packages.
- Contractual acumen is a key requirement, with experience in the use of a number of forms of Contract, in particular NEC3 & its’ various options.
- Working knowledge of the NEC3 Contract is a primary requirement of the role.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary plus annual bonus/overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Job ID: 179804
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Transmission & Distribution Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time