Are you a forward-thinking and cool-headed undergraduate with an eye for business? Are you ready to take your next steps in the world of business? Believe there’s more than one way to secure a successful future in business? So do we and we believe our summer placement is the place to start! Could this be the next exciting step on your journey? If yes start your business career with us at Siemens!
Siemens Financial Services Limited (SFS) is a subsidiary of Siemens plc, providing innovative finance solutions to UK businesses and public sector organisations. With more than 250,000 customers, we have arranged finance for 90 of the current FTSE 100 companies and more than 50% of NHS trusts and local authorities. We provide solutions ranging from £1,500 to many millions for a diverse range of financing needs. This is a unique opportunity to work in an exciting, influential growth sector of Siemens UK, where you will gain experience working in multiple functions within Siemens asset finance business.
We will offer you the chance to sit in a seat for the summer in one of our various roles such as finance, business Development, Compliance, Marketing, Risk Management and Asset Management throughout a 12 week period, providing you with an excellent opportunity to learn the key fundamentals driving an Asset Leasing business. Supporting the existing team in a fully operational role, you could be involved in both project based assignments and cross-functional working. During this time you will build a compliment of skills that will enable you to tackle a professional role and hopefully return to us after your degree.
Aside from day-to-day operational responsibilities:
- Contribute to your team’s performance in Financial, Strategic, Cultural, and Individual targets centered around the continued high performance of the business and in line with SFS core values
- Identify, design, implement then manage process improvement initiatives for immediate team and wider business units
- Experience 360° Feedback with Management regarding your current development and performance
- Participate in and lead SFS Region North meetings, projects and events, as well as actively contributing to wider company initiatives
- Be studying towards a degree in any discipline with an interest in Business or Economics.
- Work experience in a business environment would be beneficial but not essential
- Have the self-determination and ability to drive your own development throughout the summer.
You must have a vested interest in leaning about organisational transformation, continuous improvement, operational excellence and partner/project management.
You must be particularly skilled at using PPT having attention to detail and being quite meticulous, always willing to focus and commit to support the team and expand their learning.
- Balance more information at once, while following processes
- Have common sense
- Have good IT skills (especially Excel)
- Confidently communicate on the phone
- Takes initiative
- Quick learner
- Technology focused
- Juggle on multiple projects
- Team worker
- University student studying business/marketing related degree
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate analysis into suggested recommendations
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload and to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Determination and commitment to ensure successful completion of projects
- Creativity, initiative and excellent attention to detail
- Team Worker
What else do I need to know?
We’re looking for forward-thinking great teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in our world. Think this is you? Join us. Apply Now.
The benefits package for this role includes a salary of £17,500. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit amazing minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 179917
Organization: Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time