Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor (AQS) for our Rail Electrification business in York. The AQS has operational responsibility for supporting commercial activities and policies at project level within Rail Electrification.
During a period of where we are seeing a large level of investment in infrastructure, this is an outstanding opportunity to support the biggest rail projects in North of England.
You will have the opportunity to work within a hardworking and motivated team that are keen to help you develop and offer fantastic career development opportunities.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Support Commercial Activities at project level including:
- Consolidation of time data relating to project activities;
- Assistance in the production of applications for payment in a timely manner;
- Collaboration with other disciplines to produce change papers and early warning notices;
- SAP administration including establishing sales orders and creation of cost breakdown structures (CBS);
- Reconciliation of cost data and ensuring that all costs are accurately allocated to the appropriate CBS;
- Assistance in the preparation of final accounts with Customers and Suppliers;
- Responsibility for raising purchase order (PO) requisitions, ensuring a suitable level of auditability is maintained with the Procurement Manager.
- Responsible to Commercial & Finance Manager for commercial activities pertaining to that business section;
- Supporting the understanding of resource utilisation for current and future business section needs;
- Understanding and use of the appropriate commercial controls to deliver the business section / project objectives;
- Understanding of Primavera to assist in the production of cost and resource loaded programmes;
- Work in close conjunction with Project Managers, Sales, Procurement, Finance, and Engineering to achieve the business results;
- Support the Commercial team to develop profitable customer commercial relationships;
- Continuous improvement of the job and activities in line with the Siemens Values
What Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience do I need?
- Quantity Surveying BSC (or working towards this)
- Experience of commercial support in a project environment
- A good knowledge of Commercial activities.
- Knowledge of planning tools and commercial tools
- A good level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
- An excellent communicator with partners at all levels
- Someone motivated to develop their career
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 179926
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time