Software Full-Stack Developer Internship
Are you interested in developing software and being an enabler for real world industrial applications?
Here’s the right internship opportunity for You!
Join our research group Product Modeling and Simulation Research Group (PSM RG) to develop solutions to the real-world problems. The CT Simulation and Digital Twin Technology Field (SDT TF) is seeking a highly motivated student available for an internship in the area of software engineering. The successful candidate will work to develop software solutions to the real-world problems.
The Product Design, Modeling and Simulation Research Group, the lead organization of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Transformative Design (TRADES) program, to advance the computational tools for generating new complex designs. It also acts as prime organization or partners with top US universities in projects funded by America Makes, Department of Energy, Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute (DMDII), Office of Naval Research (ONR), U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) to advance computational tools for various industrial applications.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences. Our close contact to different business units in Siemens provide the opportunity for you to contribute and gain experience in real industrial applications. During this internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research. An internship with Siemens Corporate Technology is a great opportunity for students to gain real world experience in a diverse work environment.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will get to work with rapid prototyping proof-of-concept software to enable the refinement of project-specific software architectures.
- Be able to assist Research Scientists with choosing the right set of software tools and architecture for achieving successful deployment of our projects.
- You will learn concepts, techniques and methods from domains/fields unfamiliar to the engineer, e.g., 3D graphics, to support the software development for projects in such domains.
- Implementing and maintaining infrastructure to improve the efficiency of our team’s operation, e.g., continuous integration tools, resource planning tools, automation tools, etc.
- You will have the chance to collaborate with Research Scientists, Engineers and Managers by articulating/justifying engineer’s choices during a software development cycle.
- You will have the opportunity to work on projects from different domains in modeling and simulation, e.g., full stack framework for generative design, 3D modeling and simulation engines, topology optimization, parallel computing, virtual and augmented reality, robotics and automation.
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- A BS student in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Science or Engineering.
- At least 1 year of experience in advanced algorithm prototyping
- Experience with model-driven development and component-based software engineering.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- Drive and motivation for career development and open to taking on challenges.
- Team player who can also be independent, prioritize work and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- The successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Job ID: 179979
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.