- Candidate MUST have familiarity and understanding of TCP/IP and the functioning of its component protocols.
- Candidate should understand how to correctly document, triage, and respond timely to management in the course of daily analysis and response duties.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of system and network exploitation, attack methodologies and intrusion techniques; denial of service attacks, man in the middle attacks, malicious code delivery techniques, automated network vulnerability and port scanning, key loggers, social engineering, network and system reconnaissance.
- Candidate should understand what malicious code is, how it works, and how to mitigate its potential threat.
- Candidate must be able to articulate in both written and oral communication.
- Candidate should have knowledge of system and network administration, configuration best security practices, security controls and configuration standards as they apply to IT security.
- Candidate should possess a fundamental understanding of computer incident response. procedures (proper collection, thorough investigation, unequivocal validation, and internal escalation) and protocols.
- Knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques. Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, multifactor authentication and digital signatures.
- Experience in the operation and theory behind Intrusion Detection Systems, and familiarity with SIEM Technologies, Web filtering gateway management, Antivirus and Vulnerability scanning and remediation process.
- Working knowledge of NIST standards (NIST 800-53, 800-171 and FIPS 140-2).
- Working or educational experience using enterprise security tools and technologies to include some of the following and/or closely comparable security technologies: Sophos, Forcepoint, Rapid7 and Nessus.
- Working or educational knowledge of AWS, Azure, Cloud security and FedRAMP compliant environment.
- Identify potential IT security incidents, assemble indicators to support conclusions, and work with the IT team to remediate findings.
- Analyze traffic flows, system logs, etc...
- Ability to perform periodic and AD-Hoc Vulnerability scans.
- Ability to assess the scan results, web applications, network configurations, and recommend remediation procedures.
- Provide support to end users on a variety of IT and security issues.
- Respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Perform preliminary forensic evaluations of internal systems.
- Participates in special projects and duties as required and needed.
- Perform a periodic accounts and workspace audits.
- 3+ years of cyber security experience is required.
- 3+ years of related experience and/or training in the field of IT security monitoring and analysis, cyber threat analysis, vulnerability analysis, or similar cyber security related field.
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP and hands-on experience using tcpdump or wireshark is a plus.
- 3+ years hands-on experience performing traffic analysis, intrusion analysis and detection. Possess the ability to recognize publicly known attack traffic patterns.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with any of the IDS tools.
- 3+ years of IT system administration experience (Windows and/or Linux/Unix).
- 2+ years of experience creating or maintaining security related documentation.
Job ID: 179983
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.