Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for an Associate Project Manager to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls Solutions Group in Buffalo, NY. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position manages multiple, smaller projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. The Associate Project Manager supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. This position will ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, contracts, and codes to determine project requirements.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Responsible for the coordination of Field Engineering, Installation of Siemens Control Systems, Managing of Subcontractors and Vendors, and Commissioning Activities.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, although candidates with an Associate’s Degree or equivalent with an emphasis in a technical field will also be considered.
• Strong knowledge of HVAC and Automation Controls experience.
• Excellent contracting skills
• Must have an understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
• Must have the ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues on assigned projects, as well as the ability to price proposals and negotiates change orders
• Must have the capability to accurately forecast project costs by calculating earned value, and accurately assessing monthly Cost To Complete (CTC) on assigned projects
• The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications related to our work.
• Must have strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Job ID: 180000
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.