How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Machinist where you will utilize manual lathes, mills, and grinders to fabricate and repair various components of rotating machining such as reciprocating compressors, centrifugal compressors, and steam turbines. You will work to ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or surpass all customer expectations. You will follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of the company’s commitment to being the industry’s premier service provider to our clients. You will be assigned to work at our Geismar Louisiana facility.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years of job related experience or completion of Basic Machining Technical Training
- Ability and knowledge with utilizing standard inspection and precision measurement instruments.
- Must possess experience in the reading of equipment drawings and possess basic math skills.
- Provide personal tooling and measuring instruments required for general machine shop use.
- Above average written & verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare factual job reports and/or sketches of work performed.
- Experience with horizontal boring machines, vertical turret lathes, engine lathes, and cylindrical grinders
- Basic computer and software skills. (MS Word and Excel) a plus
- Provide knowledge and varied manual machining capabilities utilizing general machining and safe work practices.
- Machining of new or repaired machinery components (Including detailed set ups and machining maintaining tolerances up to .0005”)
- Performs minor mechanical and assembly work.
- Keeps equipment, tooling, and work area clean, orderly and secure.
- Prepare factual job reports and/or sketches of work performed
- Operate multiple manual machine tools including but not limited to standard lathes, mills and surface grinders
- Strong familiarization with all common industry safety practices and procedures.
- Utilization of proper PPE during all phases of machining operations.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Job ID: 180005
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.