As a Safety Writer and Coordinator, you will manage and develop well written project Accident Prevention Plans (APP), by collaborating with project managers, safety managers, external contractors, and deliver the end product to external customers for their review and acceptance. The APP content covers many safety areas on construction project sites and must meet the federal customers’ requirements (i.e. U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, Dept. of Energy, etc.) The ideal candidate possesses superior writing skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate with subject matter experts and transcribe technical (safety) data to written documentation. The candidate will own and manage the APP process and is accountable for the efficiency and effectiveness in delivering the end product. Attention to detail is paramount.
- Work directly with project managers, safety managers, external contractors, to create project Accident Prevention Plans per SGT and client requirements.
- Format, edit, standardize, proofread and correct information written by subject matter experts, in accordance with customer requirements, arrange it in a logical order and ensure a consistent writing style throughout the written deliverable so that the resultant product can be easily read and understood by federal customers.
- Coordinate draft documents for circulation for review.
- Identify and acquire additional information or explanation needed to complete technical documentation.
- Review publications and propose refinements to content or format.
- Maintain document control, through an approved tracking system.
- Support incorporation of graphics in the safety plan and
ensure linkage and consistency with the written text.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with demonstrated writing ability
- Bachelor’s Degree with mastery of the English language, grammar, structure, punctuation and word spelling.
- Experience in the Environmental, Health, and Safety domain is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to write technical material.
- Capacity to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse group of people across multiple business units / companies to include personnel holding positions at varying levels.
- Ability to effectively express and comprehend both oral and written communications to and from a variety of audiences.
- Skilled in the use of information technology systems, software, and media used to produce and store technical publications in electronic format.
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint and Office, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to interview and observe to gather required details.
- Ability to work flexible hours, when required.
- Technical aptitude is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
** Writing sample may be requested***
Must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain a federal government security clearance, if later required.
Job ID: 180023
Organization: United States
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.