Hybrid Simulation Engineer Internship
Are you interested in driving the technology of multi-physics numerical simulation for real industrial applications?
Here’s the right internship opportunity for You!
Join our Product Modeling and Simulation Research Group (PSM RG) to develop solutions to real-world problems. The CT Simulation and Digital Twin Technology Field (SDT TF) is seeking a highly motivated Master/PhD student available for an internship in the area of multi-physics and multi-disciplinary simulations. The project will involve analysis of state-of-art in academia and industry, and design of novel practical techniques to address challenging problems in multi-disciplinary numerical simulations.
The Product Design, Modeling and Simulation Research Group, is the lead organization of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) Transformative Design (TRADES) program, to advance the computational tools to address design representation, analysis and synthesis of design with enormous complexity. It also partners with top US universities in projects funded by agencies like America Makes, Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute to advance simulation tools used for design and advanced manufacturing. Our focus is both on speeding up the multi-disciplinary simulation tools as well as characterize and improve the accuracy of digital twins of physical systems.
Our Princeton facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated students. You will have the opportunity to test your knowledge in a challenging problem-solving environment. You will be encouraged to think out-of-the-box, innovate and find solutions to real-life problems. Our team has a strong publication record in leading journals and conferences. Our close contact to different business units in Siemens provide the opportunity for you to contribute and gain experience in real industrial applications. During this internship, you will experience the excitement and challenges of industrial research. An internship with Siemens Corporate Technology is a great opportunity for students to gain real world experience in a diverse work environment.
What are my responsibilities?
- You will contribute to developing software to model complex systems.
- You will apply numerical simulation techniques to large-scale, real-world problems.
- You will implement advanced numerical algorithms and to integrate them with existing software libraries.
- You will help advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
What skills are needed to qualify for this internship?
- A Master or PhD student in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related discipline for research.
- At least 1 year of experience in advanced algorithm prototyping
- At least 2 years hands-on programming experience in C++ and Matlab, or other mainstream programming languages
- Prior experience in multi-physics (e.g. structural, thermal, fluid dynamics) computer-aided engineering simulation and analysis required.
- Experience with reduced order modeling, system simulation or other related techniques preferred.
- Experience with commercial tools such as NX CAE, Simcenter, NASTRAN, StarCCM+ preferred.
- Experience with high performance computing or GPU computing is preferred.
- Experience in design optimization methods (topology optimization, parametric optimization, etc.) are preferred
- Publications and research experiences in related fields
- Excellent team working and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a growing, dynamic, interdisciplinary team of experts.
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faq
Job ID: 180029
Organization: Corporate Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.