Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for an HVAC Commissioning Specialist Level 1 - to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls Service Group in the Rochester, NY area.
The Commissioning Specialist is responsible for designing, installing, programming and commissioning HVAC Controls for small moves, adds or changes to existing Siemens Building Automation Systems. The Engineering/Commissioning Specialist in most cases acts in the capacity of a one-person small job team.
Additional Responsibilities include:
• Supports and assists the Service Operations Manager in the execution of Service Installed small job work. Based on job size, may be assisted by other Service Technicians in the completion of his/her duties.
• Performs diagnostics on HVAC Controls automation systems and components as outlined in the technical support program.
• Responds to emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
• Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities (Project Work) including system expansion, upgrades, modernizations and or use of new products or technologies.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractors at job site as required.
• Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity and other necessary information daily / weekly.
• If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branches, company or external service providers / vendors to arrange service and to resolve problems.
• Participates in job site final walk through and / or final completion for construction to service turnover on assigned jobs.
• Conducts training for customers on site or at the branch.
• Provides technical support, coaching, and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
• Associate's Degree in Electronics or other related HVAC controls field experience preferred, although candidates with a combination of directly related HVAC technician experience and education (HS Diploma or GED Equivalent a minimum requirement) will also be considered.
• 1-2 years HVAC engineer/service technician experience is desired.
• Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building controls and operations preferred.
• Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, testing and troubleshooting for HVAC control systems
• NICET Level 1 or 2 qualifications is desired.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Must be at least 21 years old with a clean and valid driver’s license; must meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle.
Why Siemens? We offer excellent Job/Career Incentives:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with job opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!
Job ID: 180038
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.