Here at Siemens Mobility Digital, we are at the forefront of innovation in rail transportation. Together with leaders in industrial data science and analytics, you will use your skills deliver digital solutions to improve the most eco-friendly mode of land transport. You will work in a stable, friendly and encouraging environment to deliver innovative high-quality products and services.
As a member of the development team, you will work with data engineers and data scientists to design, build and deploy solutions in the cloud environment. You will be responsible for improvement and maintenance of parts of our cloud environment, design, integration, deployment and monitoring of new and existing solutions for testing and production. You will develop continuous integration and deployment pipelines. You will play a critical part in connecting various Mobility source systems, equipment and IoT. You will own and maintain the platform roadmap and be responsible for continuous improvement of our development processes.
This is a role for a versatile coder with a passion for problem solving in the area of cloud-based architectures and a strong interest in the transportation domain. The role requires technical leadership and the ability to build collaborative development projects with the wide range of teams within the corporation. Within the role, you will become a crucial link between the development, operations and information security teams. Together with the team you will be responsible to own deliver and manage projects to completion to solve the problems of rail transportation of tomorrow.
Your strengths are:
- Knowledge of basic programming languages and database management systems
- Knowledge of cloud-based platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure; certification is an advantage)
- Experience in developing CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, CloudFormation)
- Experience of designing and deploying application in the cloud environment
- Experience in IT roadmap development and planning
- Experience with IT monitoring tools (e.g. Icinga/Prometheus)
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
Concepts that make transport more efficient are in demand with the ever-increasing need for mobility. With our long-standing transport expertise and our IT know-how, we are constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions that increase availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and improve passenger experience. It’s in how we electrify, automate and digitalize infrastructure that we’re setting the benchmark for tomorrow’s mobility – today.
Siemens has played an impressive role in shaping the technological evolution of Germany, Europe and the rest of the world. Come join us on a trip through Siemens history! Here you can find information on how our company has developed over the years and how Siemens’ innovative technologies have revolutionized a broad range of industries. Inform yourself about the people who made our history. Discover our country profiles and History News and get an overview of our work at the Siemens Historical Institute.
What do I need to qualify?
· Degree level knowledge in data analysis
· A background in Engineering, preferably in the Rolling Stock industry
· Working knowledge and experience in visualisation tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, Grafana
· Experience developing in Python or similar
· Experience developing on an AWS environment
· Working knowledge of statistical methods
· Experience in delivering data services in a complex business environment
· Project management skills: an ability to turn complex requirements into a technical development plan
· Excellent collaboration and influencing
· An ability to communicate a complex subject in a readily understandable form
What else do I need to know?
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If you are successful in your application you will receive a new contract detailing the standard terms, conditions and benefits associated with this role. Please note that this may impact any existing entitlements to legacy terms.
Please note that it is Siemens policy for all employees to inform their line manager when formally applying for a new role within Siemens.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: next47 Fund 2018, L.P.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time