Our Rolling Stock division are looking to recruit a Devops Engineer to join our IT team based in our London Tavistock office! The DevOps Engineer is responsible for ensuring that Siemens Mobility cloud-based platform (Railigent/Mindsphere) expertly supports the Digital solution portfolio and ensuring that the UK Mobility MAC is recognized as a Cloud Centre of Excellence.
You will act as the crucial link between the development and the operations teams. On the development side, you will work with data engineers and data scientists in choosing appropriate solution architectures based on tactical and strategic considerations.
This is a role for a versatile coder with a passion for problem solving in the area of cloud-based architectures and a strong interest in the Mobility domain.
What are my responsibilities?
- Own the roadmap for platform development
- Design and develop platform components to effectively deploy data services on AWS
- Define technical solution requirements
- Communicate requirements for platform or pipeline components to technical partners
- Define an appropriate development plan
- Develop the required solutions in collaboration with data engineer, data scientists and fellow DevOps engineers within the Mobility network
- Ensure the solution is documented to an appropriate level and lead the hand-over to operations
- Design and continuously improve CI/CD pipelines
- Lead the deployment of solutions from DEV to PROD
- Develop APIs and Interfaces into the platform with Data Engineers and System Experts
- Build monitors to evaluate solution performance
- Monitor AWS Platform performance
- Work with central Cybersecurity teams to ensure deployed solutions are robust and safe
- Ensure capability is in place to for a 1st level support team to monitor and troubleshoot application and platform performance
- Develop standard methodologies in documentation, monitoring, training to empower 1st level support team
- Define provisions for 2nd and 3rd level support working with the network team of support desks and development resources
What experience are we looking for
- Experience in IT roadmap development and planning
- Advanced technical expertise
- Cloud-based platforms (AWS preferred)
- CI/CD pipelines and technology (Jenkins preferred)
- Monitoring (Icinga/Prometheus)
- Strong general computing skills (Bash / Powershell, Troubleshooting, Environment setup)
- Strong coding skills (Python preferred)
- Excellent collaboration and influencing
- An ability to communicate a complex subject in a readily understandable form
Closing date 11/10/2019
Siemens Mobility, with approximately 3,500 employees, focuses on sustainable technologies for metropolitan areas and their infrastructures. It's offering includes products, systems and solutions for intelligent traffic management, rail-bound transportation, smart grids, energy efficient buildings, and safety and security. The Division comprises the divisions Rail Systems, Rail Automation, Intelligent Traffic Systems, and Rail Electrification.
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Job ID: 180171
Company: next47 Fund 2018, L.P.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time